Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Centuries old suppression of Dalits  is sought to be dismissed in verbose maze. Any movement needs money to see it through. Even Vivekananda needed finances provided by many kings etc which saw him achieve what he set to. Gandhiji and leaders like JP Narayan were liberally financed by Birla and Bajaj while fighting for  India's freedom movement. Today's political parties are also financed by many dubious ad clever means. The  TMC in Bengal was getting funds allegedly from the chit fund scam. But if a Dalit leader with no financial backing makes it big and then like other political parties builds a warchest exactly like they do she becomes a highly corrupt leader for @Chinmoy. Ambedkar wanted Dalits to embrace Buddhism but Gandhi cleverly foiled the plan and Dalits are paying a price for it. So before throwing a stone at the Dalits corruption please look at the massive corruption by non dalits in India including Bengal. It is mighty naïve and shows lack of reality to expect Dalit leaders to be honest when merrily non dalit leaders have looted the country for centuries including taking bribes from East India Company which made India come under a trading companies rule. Yes corruption should not be there but why singularly blame the leader of a particular community only/

@Vijay You have spared none as a loose cannon does in your admiration of Mayawati.I have been around in this forum for years and raised myself against creation of war chest by any.

@Chinmoy let me assure you I am not an admirer of  Mayawati. That is the mistake you made from my first post on this issue. I am stating that what others have done and flourished when she got an opportunity she did the same. Survival in Indian politics needs a warchest howsoever one creates it. Without one, will end up like Anna Hazare. Used  and discarded. So the reality has to be accepted and a way found out of it if possible. Thank you for calling me a loose canon which is any day better than a bound canon. Freedom to fire is there. What more does one want in a forum.  I am sorry if my firing has injured you.  That never was and never can be the intention.

@Vijay

In my verbose maze as you so lovingly describe it there was not even the remotest and faintest suggestion of any support to such acts of gross profligacy at the cost of the people by any leader of whatsoever hue. I firmly and ethically believe that a wrong has just one color that is wrong and if Mayawati came on the path of fire,there came so many people on the same and my past posts in site bear ample testimony to this. My focus was not any person but their deeds and misdeeds.I can not intellectually compromise with anything otherwise!!

From what I have seen The ladies in our politics be it Jayalalitha who is a Iyengar Brahmin  or Mayawati  who is a Dalit are equally corrupt .I would say even Mamata Banerjee is corrupt may not be for herself but when it comes to her party representatives, she looks the other way . In fact i would say that Jayalalitha's scale of corruption comes nowhere near that of Mayawati. But Mayawatis and Mulayam Singhs cases were dropped because of the interference of the then government, hoping they would support them, whereas Karunanidhi who had the centers approval hounded Jayalalitha and she had to spend time in prison too making it look as if she is the most corrupt leaders. Today if one were to travel through Tamilnadu, you can only hear praise for her because she delivers ..She has done a lot for the farming community as well as for laborers and other poorer sections. I doubt if any of the other CMs Dalit or other Chief ministers  have done as much ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In order to cure a malaise it is important to understand the disease Merely passing judgments does not address the issue in totality. Mayawati, Mulayam, Modi, Sonia , Mamata, Jaya are manifestations of the same system. Is there something wrong with the system itself? Intellectuals usually are strongly opinionated persons who form strong walls which resist permeation of new ideas. Flexibility is not necessarily a compromise but openness to consider and accept different views. Corruption is deep rooted in our society. Recently a young person known to me interacted first time with Mumbai Municipality for getting some certificate. He is in a daze as he got it in ten minutes without paying any bribe. He told me he just could not believe it. Such is our country.

Yes I also read it, Jaya Lalita is doing deeds for welfare of Tamil Nadu's peoples. Amma hotels, Amma cement, Amma theater etc. What is cause  behind  these kindness. is less important but at present public of Tamil Nadu getting benefits of all these schemes is important. Mayawati spend  thousands million rupees on her status. What is use of these?

Why one has to see the motives behind welfare measures ? The important aspect has to be seen is how these measures are helping in living a quality life.

In Karnataka especially Bangalore which incidentally has one of the highest rape charges in India, the law and order situation under Siddaramaiah has reached pathetic levels. While the CM is busy with his own personal agenda , the underworld and mafia are having a field day. The recent incident of the killing of a a very honest police inspector in broad daylight while on duty has shocked everyone .

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/police-sub-inspector-stabbed-to-death-in-daylight-in-rural-bengaluru/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

In order to cure a malaise it is important to understand the disease Merely passing judgments does not address the issue in totality. Mayawati, Mulayam, Modi, Sonia , Mamata, Jaya are manifestations of the same system. Is there something wrong with the system itself? Intellectuals usually are strongly opinionated persons who form strong walls which resist permeation of new ideas. Flexibility is not necessarily a compromise but openness to consider and accept different views. Corruption is deep rooted in our society. Recently a young person known to me interacted first time with Mumbai Municipality for getting some certificate. He is in a daze as he got it in ten minutes without paying any bribe. He told me he just could not believe it. Such is our country.

The level of corruption is not same in entire India. I feel that the most corrupt states are in North India as well some in South- especiallyTamilnadu and Karnataka. It makes little differncewhich party is in power. West Bengal and Kerala appear less corrupt. On the whole, there is very little corruption in North East. I am not very sure about J & K.  Thus corruption is also a paty of culture that varies from region to region. Party affiliation is not so significant. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.