The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In fact I read somewhere that non Hindus should not be allowed to take part in Dasara celebrations and Dandiya and Garba dances because it will lead to Love Jihad ! Of course this is ridiculous and laughable , and comes from a small section of people who have no other better business other than creating problems and I feel the less importance the media and others give to such people the better !

I had also read this. I feel that there should be no such restriction in widely celebrated public function. But when the function is private or limited to a residential society only, such restrictions could be okay. Incidentally, in most temples in Orissa, non Hindus are not allowed.  This also does not seem wrong. It is wrong to disturb others but okay not to allow others in your own functions. 

Of course if it is organised by private groups or by some temples it is ok...But one cannot generalise because I see in Mangalore a large number of Muslim youngsters both boys and girls very enthusiastically taking part in the dance program organised by some private groups  , there was some resistance by some people but they were asked to leave ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have lived in all parts of India including Kolkata, Mumbai, Ranchi, Ahmadabad and Delhi and seen celebration in all parts of India. Every area has its uniqueness on how they celebrate. I was amazed to watch Farukh Abdulla singing a Mata Durga Song at Jammu region. That was really a wonderful scene.

http://picsture.com/jammu-farooq-abdulla-in-mata-arti-unity-ia-our-power-abdulla_e5f98bd5d.html

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Farukh Abdulla singing in a Puja Pandal speaks about his communal tolerance

Durga Puja celebrations epitomize communal telerance and secularism. In Durga Pooja all communities  participate in a free manner. No one bothers about caste, creed and religion.

rambabu wrote:

Durga Puja celebrations epitomize communal telerance and secularism. In Durga Pooja all communities  participate in a free manner. No one bothers about caste, creed and religion.

I don't know where did you see Muslims singing Ma Durga Bhajans but for me it was a first time experience watching a Muslim singing Bhajan openly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I don't know where did you see Muslims singing Ma Durga Bhajans but for me it was a first time experience watching a Muslim singing Bhajan openly.

In vizag iteslf. Here not far away from my flat where Hindu -  Muslim welfare association is there. It celebrates Durga Puja also. There i witnessed both Hindus and Muslims pray standing side by side singing " Narayani Namostute."

usha manohar wrote:

In fact I read somewhere that non Hindus should not be allowed to take part in Dasara celebrations and Dandiya and Garba dances because it will lead to Love Jihad ! Of course this is ridiculous and laughable , and comes from a small section of people who have no other better business other than creating problems and I feel the less importance the media and others give to such people the better !

I had also read this. I feel that there should be no such restriction in widely celebrated public function. But when the function is private or limited to a residential society only, such restrictions could be okay. Incidentally, in most temples in Orissa, non Hindus are not allowed.  This also does not seem wrong. It is wrong to disturb others but okay not to allow others in your own functions. 

Religion is not written on the forehead of any one. More over Graba celebration are of private. These are organize by groups of peoples. I am living in area where I never listen about this type restrictions. Here people of all religion celebrate Dusshara, Depawali and other festivals. It is another thing they don't worship like Hindus. If VHP is imposing this type restriction, than what is government is doing.                               

That is the point. Millions are living peacefully but a few are trying to create hate and division. In today's India some are still in the immediate post Aurangzeb era while the world has moved  on they are still stuck in that era.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The link definitely focuses on the spirit of the pujo very nicely. A comment posted on the article has also reflected the secular trend of this festival. Durga Pujo will miss its fervour the day there will be no dhak players playing it and it charms more when there is dhunuchi dance too.

yes you are totally, i am from west bengal and i know that how much important the DHAK is. I love watching dhunuchi dance, i always get shocked when i see that form of dance, i really have to say that the women are really daring at that time 

bhuyali saroj

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Religion is not written on the forehead of any one. More over Graba celebration are of private. These are organize by groups of peoples. I am living in area where I never listen about this type restrictions. Here people of all religion celebrate Dusshara, Depawali and other festivals. It is another thing they don't worship like Hindus. If VHP is imposing this type restriction, than what is government is doing.                               

It happens only in some places and just because someone issues a statement , it does not mean that people are going to automatically obey and do as dictated by them.And government cannot unnecessarily get involved with these petty matters which may or not become a reality ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Durga puja has another aspect which speaks a volume. It's not only about communal harmony but if you have watched the latest Devdas then you must have observed that the idol of Goddess Durga cannot be made unless and until a little clay is collected from the area of the prostitutes. Though this practice has not changed the mindset of the people, we collectively reject the prostitutes without listening to their side of the story. Still, the clay has to be begged and is to be received from the hands of the prostitutes and then only the idol maker can make the Durga idol for Durga Puja by using that clay with the rest of the clay. This shows Goddess Durga puts everyone on a same level. One like it or not but one has to collect clay from that area to make the idol and rest of us pray to the idols without any hesitation.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.