Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If both parties are ready then divorce is faster because of mutual consent. Yes alimony issues will be there but there are judicial pronouncements for it which can become a guideline.

usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani , the lady is now unwilling because she has suffered a lot in the past and their daughter too supports her mother and feels that they all could be happy by being independent. I guess the lady has reached a point of no return now and her in laws are quite feudal in their thinking although the husband is quite broad minded ! She is hesitating to take the step because she knows that even legally she will be the loser !

@ Rambabu,,,it is always the petty issues that become  major issues in a marriage ! Just out of curiosity, why don't you get you fix your breakfast yourself and let your wife chat to her hearts content ?

The lady seems to have reached the breaking point now and there is no use going back. I think if her daughter understands and supports her decision, she should just get out of the wedlock and start her life anew. NO point in sticking around if she has suffered the brunt of her husband's egotistical and unyielding attitude.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

vijay wrote:

If both parties are ready then divorce is faster because of mutual consent. Yes alimony issues will be there but there are judicial pronouncements for it which can become a guideline.

True. Divorces can be made fast if both the parties agree. But, if both are particular in sticking to their points, the case prolongs for an indefinite period.

But about alimony, there are different aspects , the court takes into consideration. In certain cases spouses often fail to come to any understanding regarding Alimony. In such cases the court takes up the task of making a decision on the amount of Alimony to be paid.Here too there is a necessity to have mutual understanding to make the things fast.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani , the lady is now unwilling because she has suffered a lot in the past and their daughter too supports her mother and feels that they all could be happy by being independent. I guess the lady has reached a point of no return now and her in laws are quite feudal in their thinking although the husband is quite broad minded ! She is hesitating to take the step because she knows that even legally she will be the loser !

@ Rambabu,,,it is always the petty issues that become  major issues in a marriage ! Just out of curiosity, why don't you get you fix your breakfast yourself and let your wife chat to her hearts content ?

The lady seems to have reached the breaking point now and there is no use going back. I think if her daughter understands and supports her decision, she should just get out of the wedlock and start her life anew. NO point in sticking around if she has suffered the brunt of her husband's egotistical and unyielding attitude.

I guess they have hurt each other to a point of no return...The husband's stand is unclear but form her side when she consulted a divorce lawyer, a lady , she did not give her much hope if she were to file for a divorce, because there are so many minute angles and how the judge views them especially after the other side presents the case can never be predicted !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dear Usha, (ji)

I forgot to ask you, was this a love marriage or arranged marriage?

I have personally seen in the cases of two of my friends, their arranged marriaged ended in legal separation citing ego clashes and differences, just not even more than 3 months after wedlock 

my cousins's status is divorcee at the age of 32 which were unheard of years ago especially in India, that too the cousin is a lawyer by profession!!!

I donot know if this is a new trend catching up! (of getting separated at young ages between 28- 35)

Swetha Shenoy

@ Swetha , I agree , there are many more marriages breaking up these days and one of the reason may be because ladies have become financially independent and are not ready to compromise like before which may or may not be good , taking everything into account ! But change is an essential part of life so...At the same time, if one has made a bad choice, it is better to cut off right at the beginning rather than after having children , making them go through unhappiness and misery when the couple fight !

The couple I was talking about had an arranged marriage and are cousins like most matches here..Such a marriage always comes with complications and problems !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Divorce cases  last for years. The lawyers who charge astronomical amounts are the real beneficiaries. Additionally adjournment after adjournment cause mental depression.And there will be threatening and warnings by the other party. All these factors together makes the one who seeks divorce a mental wreck.

you are right, if they don't want to live together, it is OK, live separate, but what is the need of divorce.

If I recall correctly divorce is granted only on seven grounds in India. Mutual consent can help in dissolving the marriage very fast. Yes the girls becoming financially independent is one contributory reason for increased divorces as they can now live independently. But they cannot be blamed because now it is a level playing field.

see after reading this i got one point which is if they are unhappy with themselves and they want a mutual divorce, they should do that but coming in anger and wants to do something in anger is not the solution of their problem. If they want the divorce they can do but they should think of their daughter who is innocent and who is getting involved in pain unknowingly. And one thing if the couple can survive 25 years, i am very much sure that they both are very understanding and they are doing these just in anger to prove themselves right, i think they both are egotist. keeping the ego aside they should give themselves a chance to prove that they are worthy for each other.

bhuyali saroj

@ vijay Mutual consent is the best and easiest way of getting a divorce because the couple would have already discussed the financial angle and anything else there is, which is actually what takes time when it comes before the court. But in this case the husband is not applying for a divorce nor ready for any discussions so it will be a complicated process if the wife files for a divorce because there may be prejudice against her.

@bhuyali What you say makes a lot of sense, one needs to have a clear head before going in for any major change or taking any step that can change the course of your life. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.