Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

If the couple fail to arrive at a decision that is mutually agreed upon, then the best thing to do is to remain separated and wait. Who knows, they may realize and repent and continue their married life. Many couples after waiting for some time realized and reconciled.

Thanks Rambabu, you write which I like. No one is good or bad, it time which is good or bad. Divorce is end of marriage life with no or very little scope of compromise. Never think for separation, think only and only for bonding. Couple who got divorce will always repentant in future.

Thank you Anil. Change can take place at any time. Only thing is one should wait patiently for an opportune time. This is true in divorce cases also. Even in tribals I found, when differences crop up between husband and wife, they do not go for a divorce. Their divorce cases are settled by Village chiefs. They live separately for some time. This separation gives them scope for thinking in a cool manner. I have seen many such couples reuniting. It is possible, it may take time. But living separately for some time helps in reuniting of the couple. And i also had seen such reunited couples leading life happily much more  than ever.

We cannot have a single yardstick here, some may have had no issues  and in our male dominated society men have it their own way and women normally put up with anything they are subjected to because of family honor or personal reasons, that does not maen that there are no happy marriages. But when a couple reach a point of no return it is better to separate ...One can never be sure about the future, family pressures , wisdom that comes with experience or one's own helplessness may still manage to bring the couple together ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have already mentioned that it is always easy to say and I agree that in your friend's case it is definitely tough to live without compensation. This case signifies need and where the husband was responsible for her quitting the job then as punishment he should pay not on the grounds of compensation or maintenance. The ladies who can manage herself well and thereafter they apply for maintenance is very shameful.  

True Shampa, it is only because the law exists in support of women that many women exploit it and apply for heavy alimonies ins pite of earning substantial salaries. However, now even the judges have begun to consider thsi aspect with respect to changing times. Many a judges have refused plea for alimony and recently, in a similar decision in the family court of Pune, the husband who had been handicapped due to accident and was earning very low income compared to his wife, was awarded the alimony paid to him by his wife who earns very well. So that is something, not the woman but the one who is financially more needy among the two is now considered for granting support and compensation/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have already mentioned that it is always easy to say and I agree that in your friend's case it is definitely tough to live without compensation. This case signifies need and where the husband was responsible for her quitting the job then as punishment he should pay not on the grounds of compensation or maintenance. The ladies who can manage herself well and thereafter they apply for maintenance is very shameful.  

True Shampa, it is only because the law exists in support of women that many women exploit it and apply for heavy alimonies ins pite of earning substantial salaries. However, now even the judges have begun to consider thsi aspect with respect to changing times. Many a judges have refused plea for alimony and recently, in a similar decision in the family court of Pune, the husband who had been handicapped due to accident and was earning very low income compared to his wife, was awarded the alimony paid to him by his wife who earns very well. So that is something, not the woman but the one who is financially more needy among the two is now considered for granting support and compensation/

I agree, as long as the judgment is fair there is no problem and since marriage is between two individuals it is only fair that both are given due considerations with the issue f alimony !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani, That's a great judgement. I know that women are suppressed in our country but there are many such cases where women take the advantage of this age old belief and try to ruin their husband and in-law's life. I am against this attitude of the ladies. I respect those ladies who fight for their right on merit and do not play the gender card. Thank God that our judiciary is taking some stern decision! 

shampasaid

As of now it is still a one sided system and attitude that prevails with most judges and the judiciary as a whole. I know several lawyers and judges in my city and in private the general opinion many of them carry is that womens rights need to be curtailed. No wonder this is going to have an impact on the way they conduct their cases

Men or women when they misuse their legal right then that becomes harmful for the society. In that case the right has to be brought under control. Usually, it's seen that the sufferings of the sufferers remain as it is despite every legal right while on the other hand another section illegally take an advantage of it. Thus, it has to come under scanner and those who are exploited must get the privilege of legal right but those who misuse it must face severe punishment.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.