India is a great location for foreign patients "because this is a place where entire gamut of healthcare sector finds place". India is one of the countries where a gamut of allopathy, ayurveda, yoga and nathuropathy are available.

Indian government is planning to promote Medical tourism making visas much more easy to obtain, much more flexible in terms of the administration

http://www.ndtv.com/health/india-emerging-as-major-destination-for-quality-healthcare-1226724

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Patients from Afghanistan and few Arab and African countries are already visiting India for medical treatments because better faciities exist here. A large number of NRI's also get themselves medically attended when they visit their near and dear ones because of the low cost they incur. It is very common to see Indians when they get an immigration visa get themselves medically treated before departing the country. Because of good doctors (who have chosen to stay back) and good facilities and relatively cheaper cost increasing number of third world patients are visitig  India since many years now.

Though the Medical Tourism was there since long,  Visa problem was strict. Now these problems will nit be there. The Government has decided to simplify Visa problems as Medical tourism is great revenue generator.

You always get to see media reports of Pakistanis coming and getting treated in Bangalore hospitals , probably elsewhere as well. There was an incident sometime back when the nursing home and others donated to help out a child brought for treatment from Pakistan, quite contrary to what happens when an Indian child has the same problem and gets admitted , no mercy is shown by the hospital nor by anyone.Most Indians have absolutely no balance in their thinking or in their actions, everything has to be exaggerated..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Usha, we agree that no Pakistani patient should be treated in any Indian hospital. They do not desrve Indian hospitality. Hope this will restore balance i the thinking of Indians.

@ vijay that is imbalanced , one can be balanced in one's reactions with regard to our own people, on the one hand we are at war path with them and go overboard when they come here for treatment.  They have an embassy here which is perpetually extending its hospitality to separatists and other fringe elements , instead they could help out their own people , who come here for treatment while we help ours..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kindness is a very powerful weapon in a multi pronged war with a hostile neighbor. Those who receive it are our ambassadors in their country. Tit for tat will widen the gulf. 

usha manohar wrote:

You always get to see media reports of Pakistanis coming and getting treated in Bangalore hospitals , probably elsewhere as well. There was an incident sometime back when the nursing home and others donated to help out a child brought for treatment from Pakistan, quite contrary to what happens when an Indian child has the same problem and gets admitted , no mercy is shown by the hospital nor by anyone.Most Indians have absolutely no balance in their thinking or in their actions, everything has to be exaggerated..

I agree. We the Indians lack  balance in their thinking. We feel elated when a Pakistani national comes to India for Medical treatment as if they they have done a great favor. As for me, I tend to believe the Media reports as there is no other option. Now you said about the Bangalore case because you had seen it. Where as i did not come across with such real life incident.

usha manohar wrote:

A vijay that is imbalanced , one can be balanced in one's reactions with regard to our own people, on the one hand we are at war path with them and go overboard when they come here for treatment.  They have an embassy here which is perpetually extending its hospitality to separatists and other fringe elements , instead they could help out their own people , who come here for treatment while we help ours..

Our government con refuse for treatment for this type of elements. But it is my opinion that for common Pakistani citizen our service must be available. If both country are at war path, peoples of both country is not responsible for it. What is fault of a person who is struggling for life. If with some little efforts if we can save life of some one what is wrong in it?

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

A vijay that is imbalanced , one can be balanced in one's reactions with regard to our own people, on the one hand we are at war path with them and go overboard when they come here for treatment.  They have an embassy here which is perpetually extending its hospitality to separatists and other fringe elements , instead they could help out their own people , who come here for treatment while we help ours..

Our government con refuse for treatment for this type of elements. But it is my opinion that for common Pakistani citizen our service must be available. If both country are at war path, peoples of both country is not responsible for it. What is fault of a person who is struggling for life. If with some little efforts if we can save life of some one what is wrong in it?

There is no question of right and wrong about it, no one is questioning the treatment nor is anyone saying they should not come.They can come and get treatment like anyone else without a hangama made out and the whole media going overboard and financial help given, in one case even airfare paid ..Can an Indian family hope to get any such royal treatment ?

I am also not in favor of this practice. If media is helping them that they are from Pakistan than it is  unfair. In India thousand peoples died in absence of treatment. Only poor person deserve financial help. Our medical tourism is must for earning foreign exchange.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.