The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is a very confusing as well as contradictory topic to discuss. I have no clear opinion regarding how to handle this issue but I can only say that in against of cow slaughter, human beings should not be butchered. Naturally, the government must come up with a strict law because killing of people should not go on. It has to be stopped and sentiments should be properly taken care of.

shampasaid

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

The suggestion for import of beef does not appear appropriate. India is major beef exporter. However this is now cow meat. Buffalo meat goes in name of beef.  Banning cow slaughter and importing beef is self contradictory.  Ban to be effective is to be on cow slaughter as well as on beef eating.  But such ban can be only according to food habits and culture prevailing in he region. 

In fact importing beef makes a lot of sense to me because f the following reasons

1, It puts an end to clashes that arise out d cow slaughter , the law for which is not at all clear cut

2, In India cows are slaughtered fr consumption after they are past their prime and are f no use fr those who sell milk or use them in cultivation purpose, which makes the meat rubbery and of poor quality.

3,Many beef eaters complain about the poor quality of beef available for local use whereas in other countries the quality is far better , so those who want to eat beef , may not be in a very large number in our country get a better choice sans the continuous friction that we have now because of the cow slaughter.

With due regards there are at least 40 crore people who eat beef and when I say beef that includes cow as well. You may find it exaggerated but that is the hard truth. So we can cater to them using our own organised sector which can take care of the demand and at the same time keeping the illegal butchery out of the picture.  

If we go into history we have had cattle slaughter ban since the medieval times and even during Mughal times .When British came here they started the first slaughter house in Calcutta . However there is reference of a large number of Hindus , even Brahmins and some of the Hindu Gods eating beef in the Vedas. Coming to the present times , as many as 24 states have banned slaughter of cows because of the changed perceptions. The number f beef eaters is abut 80 millions which is a small number compared to the total population

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/RhPVLUFmclIDWRIiSoTC7N/Who-are-the-beef-eaters-in-India.html

It is not believable that gods eat beef. this rubbish statement is given my one political leader. In which Veda it is written that God eats beef. If we Indian wants to live with peace here, never listen what leaders are saying. Ignore these.

I agree. The current opinion and belief is more relevant. We need not bother about the food habits in ancient India. Even if the Aryans ate beef, that is not relevant today. We have to make law and abide by that according to current conditions. So it is okay to ban cow slaughter according to peoples' sentiments/ food habits in the region. 

But I have to make another point. Thse days, buffalo milk is used more and hardly anyone consumes cow milk. There is no use of oxen in ploughing as tractors have replaced them. There is neither any use of cows nor we can slaughter them for food obviously owingto religious sentiments. How can cows live in human society!  There appears only one alternative. These be declared protected wild animal and removed from the category of domestic animals in the states where cow slaughter is banned. Send them to forests for living as free wild animals.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

suni51 wrote:

I just posted a comment on a Facebook post that said- Pork ban is ban in 56 Islamic countries so why make so much hue and cry on cow slaughter in India (the post has objectionable language in my humble opinion so I will not use the exact words). The post said it was a question from Amitabh Bachchan- I posted Why pork slaughter is banned in 56 countries

Our politicians will reply for "Why pork slaughter is banned in 56 countries", It is their internal matter.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The suggestion for import of beef does not appear appropriate. India is major beef exporter. However this is now cow meat. Buffalo meat goes in name of beef.  Banning cow slaughter and importing beef is self contradictory.  Ban to be effective is to be on cow slaughter as well as on beef eating.  But such ban can be only according to food habits and culture prevailing in he region. 

In fact importing beef makes a lot of sense to me because f the following reasons

1, It puts an end to clashes that arise out d cow slaughter , the law for which is not at all clear cut

2, In India cows are slaughtered fr consumption after they are past their prime and are f no use fr those who sell milk or use them in cultivation purpose, which makes the meat rubbery and of poor quality.

3,Many beef eaters complain about the poor quality of beef available for local use whereas in other countries the quality is far better , so those who want to eat beef , may not be in a very large number in our country get a better choice sans the continuous friction that we have now because of the cow slaughter.

With due regards there are at least 40 crore people who eat beef and when I say beef that includes cow as well. You may find it exaggerated but that is the hard truth. So we can cater to them using our own organised sector which can take care of the demand and at the same time keeping the illegal butchery out of the picture.  

If we go into history we have had cattle slaughter ban since the medieval times and even during Mughal times .When British came here they started the first slaughter house in Calcutta . However there is reference of a large number of Hindus , even Brahmins and some of the Hindu Gods eating beef in the Vedas. Coming to the present times , as many as 24 states have banned slaughter of cows because of the changed perceptions. The number f beef eaters is abut 80 millions which is a small number compared to the total population

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/RhPVLUFmclIDWRIiSoTC7N/Who-are-the-beef-eaters-in-India.html

It is not believable that gods eat beef. this rubbish statement is given my one political leader. In which Veda it is written that God eats beef. If we Indian wants to live with peace here, never listen what leaders are saying. Ignore these.

I agree. The current opinion and belief is more relevant. We need not bother about the food habits in ancient India. Even if the Aryans ate beef, that is not relevant today. We have to make law and abide by that according to current conditions. So it is okay to ban cow slaughter according to peoples' sentiments/ food habits in the region. 

But I have to make another point. Thse days, buffalo milk is used more and hardly anyone consumes cow milk. There is no use of oxen in ploughing as tractors have replaced them. There is neither any use of cows nor we can slaughter them for food obviously owingto religious sentiments. How can cows live in human society!  There appears only one alternative. These be declared protected wild animal and removed from the category of domestic animals in the states where cow slaughter is banned. Send them to forests for living as free wild animals.

Right sir it is best one solution of this problem. 

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

What a funny suggestion! and what perfect example of human gratitude (or lack of it) to an animal that is useful to us in so many ways more than one.

So it looks like, it is time to close this topic before we have further suggestions more creative than this one!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.