Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. But Karva chouth is not celebrated In my state.sny how it matters little.

My best wishes to all on this festive occasion.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In North India during Makar Sankranti a festival is observed known as Lohri. This relates to Shiva and Parvati too. I am not sure that the couples keep fast or not but at night they lit a fireplace and celebration takes place around it. 

Lohri is famous festival of Punjab and adjoining area of Punjab. Lohri is not popular in whole North India. People don't don't keep fast on Lohri. Makar Sankrnti is celebrated on 13 or 14 January and Lohri is celebrated before one day of Makar Sakranti.

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In North India during Makar Sankranti a festival is observed known as Lohri. This relates to Shiva and Parvati too. I am not sure that the couples keep fast or not but at night they lit a fireplace and celebration takes place around it. 

Lohri is famous festival of Punjab and adjoining area of Punjab. Lohri is not popular in whole North India. People don't don't keep fast on Lohri. Makar Sankrnti is celebrated on 13 or 14 January and Lohri is celebrated before one day of Makar Sakranti.

In South India, Sankranti is celebrated in a different way for four days. It symolizes a new beginning. All wear new clothes on this day and sit before a Bonfire. This day is called Bhogi.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In South India, Sankranti is celebrated in a different way for four days. It symolizes a new beginning. All wear new clothes on this day and sit before a Bonfire. This day is called Bhogi.

Camp fire is also tradition of Lohri. We sit before it and eat ground nut and chikkies. Festival is only to enjoy what is difference it is of North, South, East or West. Enjoy these. 

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In my state AP, on Sankranti day also known as Bhogi, All the people in the locality sit around a bonfire. on the third day, there will be a host of non vegetarian dishes.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.