While most of us do not like monotony in our daily lives, it is also true that we like and enjoy some daily routines that we are accustomed to, day after day.In fact if for some reason we are unable to go through with it , we feel that we have missed out on something important...My father would always visit a neighbor and a friend , who was a school teacher , after work each evening and when we would ask him about it and he would tell us that both of them enjoyed the little time they spent together...this continued until the teacher retired and he and his family left for their native village ! 

In my own case it is the simple pleasure of going up to the terrace and spending time with my plants before starting my day.If for some reason I miss this routine I feel restless ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Each day I feel restless when I miss two very special things of my life. I need 'me time' every day. The time may vary but I need it very badly. It gives me pleasure to analyse myself, I talk to myself and sometimes just sitting quietly gives me immense satisfaction.

Next is, if I am very unwell then only I skip my freelance writing but that too with a heavy heart or else I will log in to the sites even during bedtime if I have not got time to do so during the whole day. If I don't spend time in reading and writing on the sites I work, I feel very uncomfortable. It actually pricks me a lot.    

shampasaid

Routines and habits are an integral part of our daily lives. If one of these routines is missed due to some reason, we feel that we missed some thing.  For me It's yoga. I miss it during my journeys.

Most of us feel guilty when we have to skip a healthy routine like walking or doing exercise.I normally take a walk in the evening and when it rains as it does here almost 5 months in a year , the routine gets disrupted and I have to miss my walk and I make do with walking within my house and climbing up the stairs several times .But there is no compensation for a brisk walk out in the open ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true. I too like Brisk walking. But for the last to days, it was raining incessantly. It caused a break in my walking. I felt as if I lost something.

I like watering my plants and tending to them which I never get tired of. There are things that we really need to indulge ourselves in, just a few minutes each day doing that stuff can be refreshing and relaxing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I like watering my plants and tending to them which I never get tired of. There are things that we really need to indulge ourselves in, just a few minutes each day doing that stuff can be refreshing and relaxing.

Tending to plants and spending time with nature is something that one can never get fed up of...You can go on doing it day after day all your life experiencing the same kind of pleasure and satisfaction each time..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I too enjoy these small little things like listening to the music with a hot cup of tea or coffee. That is my relaxing time. Even if it is just for fifteen mins, when I have that morning cuppa, I turn on some light music anything from Old Hindi or English numbers to Bengali Rabindra Sangeet. Another thing I like and do as a routine is reading. I read myself before going to sleep at night and encourage my son to do so too. Walking is something I do to keep active but enjoy it only if I have company!

Lopamudra wrote:

I too enjoy these small little things like listening to the music with a hot cup of tea or coffee. That is my relaxing time. Even if it is just for fifteen mins, when I have that morning cuppa, I turn on some light music anything from Old Hindi or English numbers to Bengali Rabindra Sangeet. Another thing I like and do as a routine is reading. I read myself before going to sleep at night and encourage my son to do so too. Walking is something I do to keep active but enjoy it only if I have company!

Reading is one of the best things that can help us refresh and recharge our minds. I too love to read and so does my son, most days at night before sleeping, we both read either Asterix comics or one of his Geronimo Stilton books.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Lopamudra

My routine is not so important that I write here. Every morning I went to my shop and back at evening. After some rest I work on line . It is my routine life. I have not friend circle. I do one thing daily. it is breath exercise. I also to read newspaper. If I don't get it I feel unrest. 

@ Lopamudra , Kalyani, I too read every night , at least a few pages without which my day/night is night complete..The same with my children !

@ anil, most of our days are filled the same routine , often quite boring ! As far as friend circle is concerned, we at Boddunan are all your friends neutral_face.png I have known you for more than 5 years now from the other site !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.