Some companies which deal in online shopping cheat their customers. They show the rate of commodity higher than the market rate and offers big discount on that commodity. So it is good to first check the market rate of anything which you are purchasing online.

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/business/business-news/discount-is-an-illusion-in-online-food-order/articleshow/49667467.cms

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This sort of thing happens on many other kinds of stuff apart from food items, so whether we are shopping online or offline, it is always better to check on more than sites and then shop accordingly. However, where food is concerned, it is always better to shop only offline where we can check the expiry date, freshness, ingredients etc. which we cannot do online.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

As far as I'm concerned, the question of ordering food doesn't arise. My wife is a good cook and she loves cooking. Anyhow, I feel buying anything online is not reliable.

And when it comes to showing higher price and offering discounts liberally is a trick even Offline Business too. It's quite an old trick.

rambabu wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the question of ordering food doesn't arise. My wife is a good cook and she loves cooking. Anyhow, I feel buying anything online is not reliable.

And when it comes to showing higher price and offering discounts liberally is a trick even Offline Business too. It's quite an old trick.

True, we should first check the price of item from other sources while purchasing it online or offline. While purchasing online we should check different sites for the rate of particular item, and when we do offline shopping we should ask the rate of particular item from different shops, not stick to one shop.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True, we should first check the price of item from other sources while purchasing it online or offline. While purchasing online we should check different sites for the rate of particular item, and when we do offline shopping we should ask the rate of particular item from different shops, not stick to one shop.

I will never stick to a particular shop for buying groceries or any such things needed for my home. I check and compare the prices with other shops. But in such cases too, I found that dealing with my grocery shop supplier for decades, establishes a kind of cordial and friendly relations. I'm very sure a trader will not lose a customer just for the sake of a few Bucks. A really good trader firmly believes that a customer is a nothing short of a God.

Normally in most households vegetables fruits and groceries are brought fresh from the market or super market because it is convenient to do so. But if people are too busy to do so they may buy from online stores. However, even if wives love cooking and like to feed the family with home food , it is only fair that they are given a break once in a while , so it does not matter if you spend a little more and order food from outside ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I buy all my necessary things like vegetables and pulses. Of course my wife prefers to do such marketing herself. And my Place is located on the fringes of few villages. Whosoever has the time go to these fairs where everything is available for one's home needs.

But , if I'm ready to pay an extra, i can get these pulses and veggies from those peddlers brought to my flat itself.

So the necessity of buying food stuffs online never arises as far as I'm concerned.

Yes it is right online companies is charging higher price. I bought one massager from local market in 650/- but Naptol is charging 1500/- for it.

anil wrote:

Yes it is right online companies is charging higher price. I bought one massager from local market in 650/- but Naptol is charging 1500/- for it.

Of course, online shopping has some advantages and more disadvantages. Especially food stuffs. With regards to food stuffs, there is a likelihood of getting unhealthy and spurious stuff and the cost is more. If you can get like massager in local malls better go for them.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Of course, online shopping has some advantages and more disadvantages. Especially food stuffs. With regards to food stuffs, there is a likelihood of getting unhealthy and spurious stuff and the cost is more. If you can get like massager in local malls better go for them.

yes most of like to buy food after proper inspection of quality. If we are buying 1 Kg. Potato we picked one be one. So it is not good to buy food stuff online.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

yes most of like to buy food after proper inspection of quality. If we are buying 1 Kg. Potato we picked one be one. So it is not good to buy food stuff online.

Buying things like vegetables etc,offline will enable us to pick the best. And we can bargain too. These facilities are not available in the on line marketing for buying household requirements like vegetables and pulses.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.