I tend to agree with him in some ways not just about religion but about other aspects too because a certain amount of intolerance is part and parcel of all socities , not just Indian..Ruskin Bond elaborated this point when he was asked why he did not give back his award saying that he had struggled hard to earn them and will not return them..also, that media is highlighting intolerant issues now whereas earlier with a near mute media communal issues  were never given any coverage or given very little coverage 

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/the-interviews-blog/indias-always-had-intolerance-iwouldnt-return-hard-earned-awards-ruskin-bond

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I love the writings of Ruskin Bond. He is correct not to return the awards. In any case the awards were returned by writers and others under a grand move orchestrated by the Congress and the Left parties, but the hulla bulla failed.

What Ruskin Bond said is right. I agree with him Awards won't come easily. I also agree with him that returning the award is ingratitude on his part.

You like it or hate it but what I feel the media is as good as sold and sides with whichever party pays more or whatever sells. They create such a hype as if the country is going through or facing a civil-war. And we all know who is responsible for the current chaos existing in this country. The losers, they are showing their brotherhood with each other and united in favor of corruption. Look at the way Kejriwal talked to press yesterday. And we say the freedom of expression is at risk.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It's a known fact that media can be bought for a price. Whichever party bids high, the Media sings Paeans about that party.

suni51 wrote:

You like it or hate it but what I feel the media is as good as sold and sides with whichever party pays more or whatever sells. They create such a hype as if the country is going through or facing a civil-war. And we all know who is responsible for the current chaos existing in this country. The losers, they are showing their brotherhood with each other and united in favor of corruption. Look at the way Kejriwal talked to press yesterday. And we say the freedom of expression is at risk.

Yes words which he was used is shameful. At this time whole opposition is 

intolerance. They can not tolerate Modi as PM.

I am fan of Ruskin Bond. I have read his books.

I read the article in morning. Yes, His view was correct. Awards are earned after doing very hard and that should not be returned.

Regarding opposition( congress), the work of them is to oppose and that is what they are doing. They are unable to digest that the seeds which were sown deep beneath have started producing plant.

Want to make each day Accountable

India is greatly tolerant and at the same time a little intolerant. Imagine if it were the reverse. Award returnig is the right of the awardee but not to be exercised in a jiffy.

Ronark Bhardwaj wrote:

I am fan of Ruskin Bond. I have read his books.

I read the article in morning. Yes, His view was correct. Awards are earned after doing very hard and that should not be returned.

Regarding opposition( congress), the work of them is to oppose and that is what they are doing. They are unable to digest that the seeds which were sown deep beneath have started producing plant.

Ruskin Bond is one of India's most loved writers. His famous books include, The Room on the Roof,Rain in the mountains, A flight of pigeons to name a few, won the acclaim of both elders and children equally. During an interview with Srijana Mitra Das during 'Award Wapsi" hue roar, Ruskin Bond made his point very clearly. He said without mincing words that Awards for him did not come easily and he loves his Awards and returning the Awards is is an act of ingratitude.Intolerance is not just restricted to India alone, it is there all over the world. When it comes to India media makes mountains out of Molehills. Media makes the things which were once hushed up, those things will reappear in a much exaggerated way, 

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Yes words which he was used is shameful. At this time whole opposition is 

intolerance. They can not tolerate Modi as PM.

Ever since Independence we can see a lot of intolerance sown and  has been encouraged by the ruling party of India which in itself is a study in intolerance since noone else has any say within the party and everybody looks up to one family ! Is anything more intolerant in a  democratic country ? They behave as if they own this country .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too read this interview in the newspaper and liked his point of view. It's not about right and wrong but it's all about matured introspection which most of the writers and artists did not reflect in their behaviour.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.