Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Why only Medical expenses ? Everything ranging from daily necessities to electricity to property taxes are fluctuating. To handle All these ever fluctuating costs one has to think and make necessary plans. This can be achieved only through simple living. Only through expending  on most necessary things and avoiding unnecessary luxuries.  This attitude injects the quality of saving in our children. And they in turn pass on  to their children.

Having the Best of of two worlds with the resources in your hand is advisable.

Personally speaking, I feel that parents have a responsibility towards their children until they are able to look after themselves and become economically independent and this requires money which also means one has to save.  But after that it is only fair that parents think of themselves and enjoy life depending on ones financial status. Saving has to be an ongoing process all your life, since it is essential for personal self during an emergency since noone  can predict the future 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually, we all know that savings is essential but in that regard I want to add that sometimes we get so engrossed in saving for the future that we miss the best opportunities to enjoy the present moment. The painful part is the lost opportunity is usually lost forever and in the drive for savings the peak time of our lives just go wasted. We need to learn how to tackle such a dicey situation that while saving for the future we can also enjoy the present because if its not done then these savings get used for treatment, various other daily maintenance and thereafter remaining amount is enjoyed by the next generation but not used for personal enjoyment. Balance between expenditure and savings is very important.

shampasaid

I also viewed for most part of life that saving is unnecessary. While in govt. service, I felt that day to day needs are met by salary, medical expenses are also reimbursed/ met by government and in old age, there will be pension. so why save?  

Now I am getting pension and also earning some money from tax consultancy. Still I don't feel necessity for saving. I have enough for day to day needs as well as ordinary medical expenses. 

In general, I feel that everyone should have mediclaim and accident insurance policies. Besides this, he should save about 10% of income to meet future needs for children education and marriage expenses. Excessive saving may lead to curtail necessary current expenses. Also this depends on personal circumstances. Business people need to save more for expanding business unlike salaried people.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I too am not for saving by penny inching to the extent where daily life is lead in the most frugal manner inspite of earning well. There was an old film called Grihpravesh starring Sharmila Tagore and Sanjeev Kumar , made by Basu Bhattacharya , with the same subject where the wife is constantly cribbing about expenditure since she wants to make a house and too late she realises that her home is being invaded by another woman because her husband wants to have a carefree life ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am sure I watched that movie but I fail to recollect it very clearly. I am in favour of savings but not at the cost of my present living. I would not favour an exorbitant expenditure for my present life which I won't be able to maintain throughout my life when my earning gets limited. but would definitely love to have such a life which is easily affordable and not out of reach for me. There I won't compromise and would not like to lead a very simple life only to save for the future.

shampasaid

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I also viewed for most part of life that saving is unnecessary. While in govt. service, I felt that day to day needs are met by salary, medical expenses are also reimbursed/ met by government and in old age, there will be pension. so why save?  

Now I am getting pension and also earning some money from tax consultancy. Still I don't feel necessity for saving. I have enough for day to day needs as well as ordinary medical expenses. 

In general, I feel that everyone should have mediclaim and accident insurance policies. Besides this, he should save about 10% of income to meet future needs for children education and marriage expenses. Excessive saving may lead to curtail necessary current expenses. Also this depends on personal circumstances. Business people need to save more for expanding business unlike salaried people.  

I agree people with a government job can afford to do that but people like me in private sector have to save for rainy days as well for old age. I always saved enough of my earning for future when I will not be able to work.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
suni51 wrote:

I agree people with a government job can afford to do that but people like me in private sector have to save for rainy days as well for old age. I always saved enough of my earning for future when I will not be able to work.  

For anybody, irrespective of their nature of job, savings are always helpful during  hard times.

Savings are a must.Those who think savings are not necessary must be ready for surprises, especially health related. In these days of atmospheric pollution, there is every likelihood of getting hazardous ailments. Medical Bills are soaring up day by day.If the diseases are not serious, its OK. What about life threatening ailments which involve huge costs ?

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

For anybody, irrespective of their nature of job, savings are always helpful during  hard times.

Savings are a must.Those who think savings are not necessary must be ready for surprises, especially health related. In these days of atmospheric pollution, there is every likelihood of getting hazardous ailments. Medical Bills are soaring up day by day.If the diseases are not serious, its OK. What about life threatening ailments which involve huge costs ?

You must read what you wrote in your previous comments. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

You must read what you wrote in your previous comments. 

In all my previous comments I stressed on saving. I never ruled out the importance of Saving.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.