Depending on the way couples handle the conflicts decides what type of couple you are.

There are three categories of couples. What are they "

http://blogs.webmd.com/art-of-relationships/2015/12/what-kind-of-couple-are-you.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think validating couples are best. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Conflict avoiding couple  is my choice. These couples will contribute a lot in leading a Happy and contented life. Anyhow, Likes or dislikes vary from individual to individual.

I would like the characteristics of validating couples. But how is it possible to be a validating couple, if wife is polite and give respect to her husband and the husband is rude and getting angry without major reason? In my opinion, to be a validating couple, both the husband and wife should have same attitude and qualities.  

In my view Conflict avoiding couples are ideal. These couples understand and trust each other. Their main interest is the family. They prefer Harmony. Not conflicts.

Your choice is also good. If the couples are conflict avoiding couples, they can lead a peaceful life and can bring the entire family in harmony. This is my question - if you are ready to avoid all circumstances that lead to conflicts but your wife do not have such qualities and always quarrel with you for silly matters, is it possible to be a conflict avoiding couple?

The very idea behind " Conflict avoiding couple " , under no condition, these couples allow any conflicts intrude into their marital bliss. If the wife creates problems in the family. This couple is known as conflict creating couples

I cannot name one category. It's because we are human beings and sometimes we are extremely calm but sometimes we get triggered at the drop of a hat and sometimes we just wish to take the situation as it comes to avoid any argument. I think most of the couples are like this and that's quite natural but the foundation has to be our love for each other and family which basically resolves every problem. Yes, I must say that my husband and I as a couple do not fall in the Hostile category for sure.

shampasaid

Then you belong to " Conflict avoiding couple " whose interests revolve around Family interests and children. The link article has given a detailed account of types of couples.

Sorry @rambabu, I cannot accept the category you suggested. I have read the post and thereafter made my comment. You must have noticed that I have mentioned all the three major traits of the given categories which my husband and I as a couple have. Family comes first for all the three categories or else they would not live together but get separated or divorced.

shampasaid

It's Ok. But, you must have noticed after reading your opinion, that you and your hubby exactly fall in the category of Conflict avoiding Couple. You may  rename your category. It's up to you. It's not necessary to agree with the Poster's opinion.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.