Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Add one more name in these. flower of Kachnar, I don't it English name, is also edible. Its buds are used for vegetable and pickles.

Thank you said by: rambabu
anil wrote:

Add one more name in these. flower of Kachnar, I don't it English name, is also edible. Its buds are used for vegetable and pickles.

Thank you for adding one more edible flower. I too don't know about its English or Hindi equivalent. I searched Google. It also says " Kachnar Ki Kali, "

Thank you said by: Jincy Aby
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thank you for adding one more edible flower. I too don't know about its English or Hindi equivalent. I searched Google. It also says " Kachnar Ki Kali, "

yes you right it is also called Kchnar ki Kali.Its vegetable and pickles both are very tasty one.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

yes you right it is also called Kchnar ki Kali.Its vegetable and pickles both are very tasty one.

Kacnar Ki Kali preparations are not only tasty, its leaves and flowers have medicinal properties. Here are some preparations made with Kachnar Ki Kali.

http://fusion-food.blogspot.in/2008/07/kachnaar-ki-kali-ki-sabzi.html

one of which i know that is edible is jasmine. i got to learn from my mother that jasmine is edible 

bhuyali saroj

Jasmine has been given already in the link article. Jasmine is usually blended with green tea and added to salads. Jasmine has medicinal properties. it is Anti- carcinogenic and anti-Viral.

Thank you for the new information. Even if all these flowers are edible just like any other food, normally we do not make dishes with these flowers. From that article I understood that adding such flowers in certain dishes give good flavor to that dishes. How many people know about it? We always like to make the traditional dishes that we learnt from our mothers and grand-mothers. If these flowers are good for health, this is the time to make variety dishes with them.

This post is meant for the advantage of those, who do not about some edible. And these flowers lend flavor to the foods, they have medicinal qualities too. The link article dealt in detail about the Health benefits of such edible flowers.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.