Today is Vivekananda Jayanti and I came across a saying by Swami Vivekananda, "In a day when you do not come across any problems, you can be sure that you are in a wrong way...". Do you agree with it in regard to your life's experiences?  

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, I do agree with the statement.

When you do not face any problems, it means you have reached (or the world has reached) a state of perfection. Perfection is an impossible situation because we are living in a world of contradictions. It is a mixture of opposite qualities. It is a world where good is followed by evil, light is followed by darkness and smile is followed by tears. Perfection is an illusion; and problems are inevitable.

@RAMAKRISHNAN.A Sir, First of all I must thank you for explaining your point so very effectively. Your reply simply overwhelmed me. Yes, I too agree with the saying. Even in our daily lives when everything goes by smoothly, we really thank God for it and usually wonder that how it was possible not to encounter any obstruction! It's actually a miracle not to face any hurdle so having some or the other difficulties in our day to day lives is the most acceptable truth.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A

I agree , RAMAKRISHNAN has put it beautifully...Perfection what we can strive for and to say we have achieved it is fooling ourselves ! One may achieve some level of perfection with regard to a minute part of ones life but that does not make our entire existence or life perfect since we are made of many such components and it is impossible to achieve perfection..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A

Swami Vivekananda is a great Visionary. All his observations and teachings are life truths.. They remain forever.

I agree, there cannot be any day without a problem.

Swami Vivekanand is a respected figure, but he lived a short life and I do not see what he achievd. In particular the caste system continued to flourish. i have not read his campaigns against caste. i may be enlightened about it.

Swami Vivekananda agrees that caste system is polluted. But, he expresses his opinion what really caste system is. He adds caste is not by birth but is based on qualities.  A Brahmana is Brahmana only when he shares his knowledge and strive towards making everyone else a Brahmana.

Swami Vivekananda is not a casteist. Especially, when taken into consideration his view, saying that  if one willfully justifies this inhuman practice of Caste system it's an unpardonable  sin.

MG Singh wrote:

Swami Vivekanand is a respected figure, but he lived a short life and I do not see what he achievd. In particular the caste system continued to flourish. i have not read his campaigns against caste. i may be enlightened about it.

Why does everything have to be about caste??? Aren't the accomplishments in other fields enough??? Swami Vivekanand became a brand ambassador of our country through his learned and inspiring lectures at a very young age, he inspired hundreds and hundreds to follow on his path of enlightenment, all of those people's castes must be studied, whether they belonged to a single upper class one or a mix of all. He still inspires hundreds, isn't that enough???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I really got appalled after knowing that someone can raise such a question related to Swamiji's opinion regarding caste. Actually, we always try to speak something negative about the Greats. Do we want a monk who died at 39 years had addressed each and every flaw of the society? I cannot even answer this point with clarity because I have not read about his teachings very deeply but his each and every saying touches my heart. I respect him unconditionally and always wish to follow his point of view. Posting a link:

http://www.swamivivekanandaquotes.org/2013/12/swami-vivekananda-quotes-on-caste-and.html  

shampasaid

But the member requested the members to enlighten him. There is nothing wrong with it. Moreover I clarified the member that Swamiji was never a Casteist, He also clarified in no uncertain words what he meant about caste system. You can have a look.

You link article also clarifies the member.

I know he wanted to be enlightened but after raising the point quite doubtfully so I think I have answered in the best possible way. One can be unaware about any subject and that is absolutely fine but when unawareness gets attached with a doubt then it becomes a criticism.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.