Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

a real friend is who? a friend who never sees money in friendship, a friend who is always with his/her whether his friend time is running good or bad, he/she never leaves his/her friends hand in between.

bhuyali saroj

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Friendship is a very sweet relationship which can develop among two beings when they nurture it with honour and honesty. Pen friendship was also very popular and maybe many such friendships developed quite strong though I have no example to name. I hope that web friendship can also grow very strongly.

So true Shampa, once upon a time there used to be many pen friendships but now virtual friendships has taken its place. Forms change but relationships remain the same sort and can grow into long and deep friendships, provided all concerned parties are honest and willing to take it further.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is really nice Kalyani, was it from Sweta Shenoy ? moderator and one of the older members here ?

Yes, Usha it is Swetha Shenoy, it was my birthday yesterday so she remembered and sent it in advance.

This indicates deep emotional attachment among Boddunan users. Sweta Shenoy was once very active member. It gives me pleasure to note her gesture of sending gift to Kalyani, our esteemed senior member. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is really nice Kalyani, was it from Sweta Shenoy ? moderator and one of the older members here ?

Yes, Usha it is Swetha Shenoy, it was my birthday yesterday so she remembered and sent it in advance.

This indicates deep emotional attachment among Boddunan users. Sweta Shenoy was once very active member. It gives me pleasure to note her gesture of sending gift to Kalyani, our esteemed senior member. 

Thank you Gulshan, yes Swetha is indeed taking efforts to create a beautiful friendship.

My dear Kalyani

I am pleasantly surprised you would start a forum thread to thank me for the gift; but in reality, it should be me who would thank you for being such a lovely friend. I am glad you liked the gift! 

My dear Boddunan family,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and praises for my small gesture. In fact I would like to share how I met Kalyani. I joined boddunan.com in July 2009 with the aim of earning few bucks; but never could i have ever thought I would earn few friends. I donot maintain many friends virtually, but a select few I keep and one among them is Kalyani. I met her through Atul Barapatre somewhere around December 2009 and what clicked among us was the love for the Language English! I would share antidotes with kalyani and we would be giggling our way out online! This year marks 7 years of Knowing her and since it is a leap year, I wanted to do something memorable. As a co-incidence, Kalyani sent me some details of art along with her postal address which then I thought would surprise her and thanks to online portal paytm.com; i could be able to send a small gift to her for her birthday!!! I wanted to send something very worthy like a diamond set, but I could manage to send something under my budget!!! (Sorry for the disappointment Kalyani!!!) 

Even though I have not met Kalyani, she has been with me through thick and thin and her words of encouragement to me has always been like sweet water on a parched land. Thanks Kalyani for being a wonderful woman! 

I wanted you all to know, I tried to be friends with Gulshan ji (the simplistic taxman I would call him) and also Chinmoy ji (the charming poet) and Ram Babu gaaru (The artist). Chinmoyji has been cheering me every time I am down and Ram Babu gaaru would greet me now and then on boddunan. 

I have also to thank Sandhya Rani from kerala, who would have fun trying to analyze if Chinmoy ji was married or not (remember the old threads) and Sandhya would team up with Kalyani to help me lose my weight by gifting me an electric mosquito bat (where is it by the way??!!) 

I know I am getting way too emotional, but due to my time constraints I am not able to spend much time with my boddunan family. If i am not present in Boddunan, boddunan is not taken away from me!!!(This is my line which I had shared with Atul). I still remember the first boddunan get together and second boddunan get together where I was prevailed to Meet Maverick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all , once again for the lovely words! 

P.S- I can still be friends with those who donot know me....

Swetha Shenoy

Wow, thats really nice and sounds good. This seems boddunan is now developed as a social networking site which connecting people and making friends.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Boddunan is already one..It has little difference, unlike some social networking sites, it pays for writing articles and creativity,

But earlier there was a option of PM(Personal message). Using it we used to connect people and make friends from boddunan family. but now there is no such option to make more friends.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala wrote:

But earlier there was a option of PM(Personal message). Using it we used to connect people and make friends from boddunan family. but now there is no such option to make more friends.

Of course PM option has been removed long ago. For making friends FB is good. That doesn't make much of difference.

Swetha Shenoy wrote:

My dear Kalyani

I am pleasantly surprised you would start a forum thread to thank me for the gift; but in reality, it should be me who would thank you for being such a lovely friend. I am glad you liked the gift! 

My dear Boddunan family,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and praises for my small gesture. In fact I would like to share how I met Kalyani. I joined boddunan.com in July 2009 with the aim of earning few bucks; but never could i have ever thought I would earn few friends. I donot maintain many friends virtually, but a select few I keep and one among them is Kalyani. I met her through Atul Barapatre somewhere around December 2009 and what clicked among us was the love for the Language English! I would share antidotes with kalyani and we would be giggling our way out online! This year marks 7 years of Knowing her and since it is a leap year, I wanted to do something memorable. As a co-incidence, Kalyani sent me some details of art along with her postal address which then I thought would surprise her and thanks to online portal paytm.com; i could be able to send a small gift to her for her birthday!!! I wanted to send something very worthy like a diamond set, but I could manage to send something under my budget!!! (Sorry for the disappointment Kalyani!!!) 

Even though I have not met Kalyani, she has been with me through thick and thin and her words of encouragement to me has always been like sweet water on a parched land. Thanks Kalyani for being a wonderful woman! 

I wanted you all to know, I tried to be friends with Gulshan ji (the simplistic taxman I would call him) and also Chinmoy ji (the charming poet) and Ram Babu gaaru (The artist). Chinmoyji has been cheering me every time I am down and Ram Babu gaaru would greet me now and then on boddunan. 

I have also to thank Sandhya Rani from kerala, who would have fun trying to analyze if Chinmoy ji was married or not (remember the old threads) and Sandhya would team up with Kalyani to help me lose my weight by gifting me an electric mosquito bat (where is it by the way??!!) 

I know I am getting way too emotional, but due to my time constraints I am not able to spend much time with my boddunan family. If i am not present in Boddunan, boddunan is not taken away from me!!!(This is my line which I had shared with Atul). I still remember the first boddunan get together and second boddunan get together where I was prevailed to Meet Maverick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all , once again for the lovely words! 

P.S- I can still be friends with those who donot know me....

Oh My God Swetha!! That is so sweet of you, remembering all those times we had fun together (virtually of course!) I cannot believe that it is 7 years now that I am a part of this community! It feels so great and different to read it in black and white!. I know what you sent me are not diamonds but they will remain as valuable and precious for me always, because it is the gesture and the thoughts are so much more important than the gift itself. A person who can take time out from her extremely busy schedule and take efforts to put a smile on someone's face, whom she has never met, says it all! That person is a gem herself. I really, really wanted to be with you on your wedding day, but some incidents happened that I could not make it sadly. But I plan to be in Hyderabad soon and will see you personally. May be we could have another reunion planned and those who can come try to make it!

As far as the thread goes, I wanted to tell everyone about how a virtual friendship can grow into a real one, so I posted it, I was also so happy that I wanted to shout out about it in the virtual world! smiley.png

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.