Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sarala wrote:

Wow, thats really nice and sounds good. This seems boddunan is now developed as a social networking site which connecting people and making friends.

yes, if we continue to communicate like this then the days are not far when boddunan.com will become India number 1 social site 

bhuyali saroj

Swetha Shenoy wrote:

My dear Kalyani

I am pleasantly surprised you would start a forum thread to thank me for the gift; but in reality, it should be me who would thank you for being such a lovely friend. I am glad you liked the gift! 

My dear Boddunan family,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and praises for my small gesture. In fact I would like to share how I met Kalyani. I joined boddunan.com in July 2009 with the aim of earning few bucks; but never could i have ever thought I would earn few friends. I donot maintain many friends virtually, but a select few I keep and one among them is Kalyani. I met her through Atul Barapatre somewhere around December 2009 and what clicked among us was the love for the Language English! I would share antidotes with kalyani and we would be giggling our way out online! This year marks 7 years of Knowing her and since it is a leap year, I wanted to do something memorable. As a co-incidence, Kalyani sent me some details of art along with her postal address which then I thought would surprise her and thanks to online portal paytm.com; i could be able to send a small gift to her for her birthday!!! I wanted to send something very worthy like a diamond set, but I could manage to send something under my budget!!! (Sorry for the disappointment Kalyani!!!) 

Even though I have not met Kalyani, she has been with me through thick and thin and her words of encouragement to me has always been like sweet water on a parched land. Thanks Kalyani for being a wonderful woman! 

I wanted you all to know, I tried to be friends with Gulshan ji (the simplistic taxman I would call him) and also Chinmoy ji (the charming poet) and Ram Babu gaaru (The artist). Chinmoyji has been cheering me every time I am down and Ram Babu gaaru would greet me now and then on boddunan. 

I have also to thank Sandhya Rani from kerala, who would have fun trying to analyze if Chinmoy ji was married or not (remember the old threads) and Sandhya would team up with Kalyani to help me lose my weight by gifting me an electric mosquito bat (where is it by the way??!!) 

I know I am getting way too emotional, but due to my time constraints I am not able to spend much time with my boddunan family. If i am not present in Boddunan, boddunan is not taken away from me!!!(This is my line which I had shared with Atul). I still remember the first boddunan get together and second boddunan get together where I was prevailed to Meet Maverick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all , once again for the lovely words! 

P.S- I can still be friends with those who donot know me....

Your emotional words reflect how much you value your friendships which is a wonderful trait. Loved to read your post.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Swetha Shenoy
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Friendship is a very sweet relationship which can develop among two beings when they nurture it with honour and honesty. Pen friendship was also very popular and maybe many such friendships developed quite strong though I have no example to name. I hope that web friendship can also grow very strongly.

So true Shampa, once upon a time there used to be many pen friendships but now virtual friendships has taken its place. Forms change but relationships remain the same sort and can grow into long and deep friendships, provided all concerned parties are honest and willing to take it further.

Kalyani, the fact is every relationship be it a blood one or a friendship require one trait very strongly and that is honesty. If there is honesty in maintaining any kind of relationship then in no way it can crumble down. Maybe time or distance become a constraint but the feeling within hearts remain intact. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Swetha Shenoy

Even I do got a good friend from Boddunan and her name is Sandhya. She is always in touch with me through watsaapp. Earlier we both used to work competitively. she is one of the top writers of this website. 

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Beyond Beyond the Money Lies the Beauty of a Gift

Nestled Deep in Hearts What our Eyes Fails to Meet!

Have Ever Gazed at The Sight of the Happiest Mother,

A Babe Seated in Her Lap,Both Celestially Gifted to Other?

Of Boundless,Generous,Immeasurable Bounties of Nature,

Is A Serene Full Moon in the Vast Cloudless Sky- A Gift or A Treasure?

Tears Too are Gifts ,Silently Shed in Someone's Joy or Sorrow,

All Unspoken Language of a Heart That It Can Show!

Treasure is a Gift and Gift is a Priceless,Heavenly Treasure

Of Love,No Money Ever Can Buy - Impossibly Beyond Measure!!!

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Beyond Beyond the Money Lies the Beauty of a Gift

Nestled Deep in Hearts What our Eyes Fails to Meet!

Have Ever Gazed at The Sight of the Happiest Mother,

A Babe Seated in Her Lap,Both Celestially Gifted to Other?

Of Boundless,Generous,Immeasurable Bounties of Nature,

Is A Serene Full Moon in the Vast Cloudless Sky- A Gift or A Treasure?

Tears Too are Gifts ,Silently Shed in Someone's Joy or Sorrow,

All Unspoken Language of a Heart That It Can Show!

Treasure is a Gift and Gift is a Priceless,Heavenly Treasure

Of Love,No Money Ever Can Buy - Impossibly Beyond Measure!!!

So, wonderfully expressed! Meaning and value of a gift is so preciously expressed that it touched my heart and will certainly touch each and every reader's heart. 

shampasaid

Wow Chinmoy! Thank you so much for another beautiful and touching poem! It is so refreshing to read positive. lovely words after such a long time!bouquet.png

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.