A stitch in time saves nine is one of my favorite quotes since time and again I have seen how a timely action can avert future disasters...In world events  too there have been tiny mistakes committed or overlooked by people which have altered the entire course of history being altered to sometimes disastrous results..The author has listed out 9 such mistakes !

http://www.indiatimes.com/culture/who-we-are/9-tiny-mistakes-that-altered-the-course-of-history-in-massive-ways-251305.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Wow, how such tiny details could lead to rise and fall of empires, yet, on the other hand, it is indeed a fortunate thing or probably it was providence that Rommel decided to take the day off, good for him! Reading the bit about Titanic, those poor souls could have been saved all but because of a key. Although I do wonder if they did discover that the keys were not handed over, why didn't they simply break the box and retrieve them? Lack of oversight, probably!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Wow, how such tiny details could lead to rise and fall of empires, yet, on the other hand, it is indeed a fortunate thing or probably it was providence that Rommel decided to take the day off, good for him! Reading the bit about Titanic, those poor souls could have been saved all but because of a key. Although I do wonder if they did discover that the keys were not handed over, why didn't they simply break the box and retrieve them? Lack of oversight, probably!

True Kalyani, in hind sight one can see how things could have been different if only.... I guess that is what is called destiny , fate or whatever else ! I personally can quote so many small incidents where I went against my intuition and faced the consequences, at times you simply cannot decide which is the right course of action especially when there are too many opinions thrust on you !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

Quite an interesting post. The entire post made me awe inspiring. Especially bombing of Hiroshima caused by an error in interpretation.

Thank you Usha !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

True Kalyani, in hind sight one can see how things could have been different if only.... I guess that is what is called destiny , fate or whatever else ! I personally can quote so many small incidents where I went against my intuition and faced the consequences, at times you simply cannot decide which is the right course of action especially when there are too many opinions thrust on you !

It is an interesting article. It is true that everything in this world has a specific time and it should happen at that time. It seems that even if the circumstances are different, a set of internal programs influence the circumstances and re-organize the random events to make them happen at their destined moments. We call it destiny or the Law of the Universe.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is an interesting article. It is true that everything in this world has a specific time and it should happen at that time. It seems that even if the circumstances are different, a set of internal programs influence the circumstances and re-organize the random events to make them happen at their destined moments. We call it destiny or the Law of the Universe.

Very true Ramakrishnan, everything is predestined and no one can change the course of events, people may call destiny or luck as nothing but nonsense, but I firmly believe in it, no one can alter destiny. It is the design of the destiny that is at work, we cannot meddle with it, but can only work to probably change the results of it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Very true Ramakrishnan, everything is predestined and no one can change the course of events, people may call destiny or luck as nothing but nonsense, but I firmly believe in it, no one can alter destiny. It is the design of the destiny that is at work, we cannot meddle with it, but can only work to probably change the results of it.

There are times when you now that you are not taking the most suitable option but you are compelled to so because of circumstances ..I remember a couple who were planning to fly down to Mangalore on a certain day postponed it by 3 days because they were getting a better fare and that plane crashed and almost all passengers died ..

This minor mistakes not only change the history but also took many life which is not under minor mistakes

bhuyali saroj

Very interesting article. Such minor mistakes led to big disasters. I wonder if there won't have been these minor problems our history would have completely changed; there would not have been Titanic disaster or World war 1. 

But these disasters were pre-decided and no one can change the fortune. 

I read somewhere that Hitler was totally smitten by the holly wood actress Marelene Dietrich who was a German Jewess and had she agreed to be his lover/partner/wife, probably world history might have taken different course altogether !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.