I was going through this article where certain legal rights (10) pertaining to women were discussed in detail...It is good for both men and women to be aware of these rights , one can never be sure when the need arises to exercise them in ones life ..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/man-woman/10-Rights-every-Indian-woman-should-know/articleshow/51303660.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are many women in India who uses their rights in bad ways to manipulate their mother-in-law and father-in-law which should be stopped. and especially in India when there is a case about women the police have very soft corner for them and they don' treat them as they treat boys in comparison of girls. 

bhuyali saroj

Very nice article that teach us the rights of women . But very few women know about these rights. This article is very helpful for women to get know about their rights. Thanks to Usha for submitting this link here. 

Wow these 10 legal rights are very useful to women. But most the women are may not be aware of these. I feel government should make every women aware of them by announcing in tv and radio and news papers. all women may not go through internet right?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

All rights come with responsibilities nothing is freehold, so women should use them only when they are cornered or deprived of their rights, not to harass others !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

All rights come with responsibilities nothing is freehole, so women should use them only when they are cornered or deprived of their rights, not to harass others

Some rights of women are well known, like to call at police station at night. ICICI bank gave right to work from home in special cases and one state government allowed to women to take with her mother-in-law at work place.

I also did not know some of the legal rights listed here. Then again I feel that many, not all, can be easily misused by the ladies especially by the urban women. The right given in regard to live-in relationship can be wrongly used to settle a score.    

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I also did not know some of the legal rights listed here. Then again I feel that many, not all, can be easily misused by the ladies especially by the urban women. The right given in regard to live-in relationship can be wrongly used to settle a score.

Not only these rights misuse of any other rights are very common. Duties are also attached with right but most of like only to use and misuse rights.   

Actually men have suppressed women in many ways and still many men believe in doing so which is unethical and unacceptable. Men should also be duty bound which in many cases they are not. Just like them there are some women too who take advantage of their rights and do not care about their duties and responsibilities. Thus, our society is full of such men and women both who fail to perform duties and violate their rights. Both should use their legal rights properly.

shampasaid

I was unaware about  most of these laws. Not only women but even men should be aware of these laws as well. Government also should make sure these laws are not misused as well because since many laws are in favor of women , sometimes they can make unethical use of these laws for personal gain. 

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Actually men have suppressed women in many ways and still many men believe in doing so which is unethical and unacceptable. Men should also be duty bound which in many cases they are not. Just like them there are some women too who take advantage of their rights and do not care about their duties and responsibilities. Thus, our society is full of such men and women both who fail to perform duties and violate their rights. Both should use their legal rights properly.

I agree. When it comes to abuse of rights, both men and women are equally responsible. But in some cases abuse of women's rights are done inadvertently. For such men and women , the link article helps. If the rights of women are knowingly abused, of course such men and women should be punished.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.