Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

All rights come with responsibilities nothing is freehold, so women should use them only when they are cornered or deprived of their rights, not to harass others !

True..with rights and freedom, responsibilities too come and when educating the women about their basic rights, it is also necessary to educate them regarding their responsibilities. Most people, even men do that, why only blame women, when they look out for their rights tend to take only what is in their interests and ignore the rest sometimes even causing harm in the process. So it is a very basic and essential thing, both for men as well women/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

All rights come with responsibilities nothing is freehold, so women should use them only when they are cornered or deprived of their rights, not to harass others !

True..with rights and freedom, responsibilities too come and when educating the women about their basic rights, it is also necessary to educate them regarding their responsibilities. Most people, even men do that, why only blame women, when they look out for their rights tend to take only what is in their interests and ignore the rest sometimes even causing harm in the process. So it is a very basic and essential thing, both for men as well women/

Absolutely ! That reminds me of an incident one of my neighbors told me. She is a lawyer and one of her clients was a separated woman with 2 small children, claiming maintenance from the husband ,while he was openly living with another woman. In between the arguments, it seems the judge began lecturing the lawyers gathered in the court hall about how women in India are asking for more rights , which needs to be curbed. My neighbor knew that her client would never get any justice, so she asked the case to be heard by a different judge quoting the reasons.Thankfully the judge was transferred since there were many complaints about him and the lady got maintenance ! 

So, even with laws and rights in place , one has to really fight for it, our men see to it that women are denied what is due to them at every step possible !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Absolutely ! That reminds me of an incident one of my neighbors told me. She is a lawyer and one of her clients was a separated woman with 2 small children, claiming maintenance from the husband ,while he was openly living with another woman. In between the arguments, it seems the judge began lecturing the lawyers gathered in the court hall about how women in India are asking for more rights , which needs to be curbed. My neighbor knew that her client would never get any justice, so she asked the case to be heard by a different judge quoting the reasons.Thankfully the judge was transferred since there were many complaints about him and the lady got maintenance ! 

So, even with laws and rights in place , one has to really fight for it, our men see to it that women are denied what is due to them at every step possible !

When you talk of women rights I presume you are referring to Non Muslim women, because Islamic women are governed by Sharia and have hardly any rights. With who do Muslim women  fight for their rights?

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

When you talk of women rights I presume you are referring to Non Muslim women, because Islamic women are governed by Sharia and have hardly any rights. With who do Muslim women  fight for their rights?

I was talking generally ...But yes Muslim women are governed by Sharia and they are fighting against it. However, I feel that they are not so badly off because second marriage and divorce has never been a taboo for them like it was and still is with Hindus.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I was talking generally ...But yes Muslim women are governed by Sharia and they are fighting against it. However, I feel that they are not so badly off because second marriage and divorce has never been a taboo for them like it was and still is with Hindus.

Yes, there are good points in Sharia as widow remarriage and marrying divorce woman is accepted. In Hinduism it is taboo

women laws are made so that women are strengthen from it, from inside and from outside as well. 

bhuyali saroj

Strengthening from inside will make them stronger from outside as well. Even today women hesitate to file a police complain or take legal recourse even when it is absolutely necessary fearing family backlash and the main worry is , what will people say ?

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

All rights come with responsibilities nothing is freehole, so women should use them only when they are cornered or deprived of their rights, not to harass others

Some rights of women are well known, like to call at police station at night. ICICI bank gave right to work from home in special cases and one state government allowed to women to take with her mother-in-law at work place.

Call at police station at night is only the right of women? Will they reject the phone call of men, if they try to contact the police officials at night during emergencies?

Compared to men women are physically and mentally weak. She needs protection everywhere. That is the reason why there is some special laws only for ladies. 

usha manohar wrote:

Strengthening from inside will make them stronger from outside as well. Even today women hesitate to file a police complain or take legal recourse even when it is absolutely necessary fearing family backlash and the main worry is , what will people say ?

Inner strength is a must for each and every female. One can gain inner strength through proper education, moral support of the family and friends and compassionate attitude of the government organisations and the society. The insensitive approach actually ruins life because women are physically weak but if the ladies possess education then they have the guts to stand against every wrong.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.