I would like to see that Khadi becomes the dress code on Friday in every government offices. What's your opinion? Link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Khadi-may-become-Friday-dressing-in-govt-offices/articleshow/51319531.cms

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nice Idea, I am also want it. clothing test of most of peoples are changed in these days, they are prefreing cotton clothes instead of synthetic clothes. Quality of khadi available in market is much better than earlier. This small step gave work to lacs hands.

This sounds like a good idea.. I hope employees like to wear Khadis. With changing world, people have changed their choices as well. Many of the employees may not agree to make any changes. 

Bajirao wrote:

This sounds like a good idea.. I hope employees like to wear Khadis. With changing world, people have changed their choices as well. Many of the employees may not agree to make any changes.

Resistance to change is human nature but it is not permanent problem. If government make it compulsory, who can refuse. My son is working in bank and this bank have dress code, every employee is following it. 

Personally I love Khadi both cotton and silk ! However, Khadi is very expensive now so I am not sure how it would work out to wear Khadi on a certain day of the week !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Khadi uniform will be paid for by government.

usha manohar wrote:

Personally I love Khadi both cotton and silk ! However, Khadi is very expensive now so I am not sure how it would work out to wear Khadi on a certain day of the week !

Khadi is my favourite too and nowadays the khadi fabric has evolved a lot. Different kind of designing on khadi is available too. Yes, it's expensive but you see, from 2nd October to 30th January the Khadi emporiums offer a huge discount so the customers can take the benefit of it.    

shampasaid

It appears unreasonable to impose Khadi on govt. employees. If you wish to promote Khadi, do this as a normal commercial activity rather than indulge in unfair practice of compelling govt. employees to wear Khadi dress. already Gp D staff are required to wear Khadi uniform. If all govt. employees are to wear Khadi uniform, better prescribe a uniform to be supplied at govt. cost- either in kind or by reimbursement of outfit allowance. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Khadi only for Friday and not for any other days. The suggestion is in discussion stage and it is not about any particular uniform but only to wear clothes made of Khadi fabric on Friday. What's wrong in it? It's one of India's oldest industry and if through this compulsion it receives a push which will be good in terms of everything.

shampasaid

Then on Friday  tea should be served in kulhads made from clay so that potters also get to earn income. These are good ideas to pump in money to poorer sections of our society.

What a strange comparison! By the way if earthen cups are made compulsory in place of plastic cups then I think it will be a good idea. It will help our environment and that should not be questioned, I assume. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.