This happened in Kerala where a Christian boy marrying a Hindu girl had to give his,reason for doing so after ten years of marriage , with both practicing their respective religion..

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/kochi/Church-seeks-explanation-from-member-for-marrying-a-Hindu/articleshow/51448139.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is nothing new, pastors of churches in most small towns and even suburbs of cities are known to interfere in the life of their congregation members to a great extent. I once had a friend the pastor of whose church even interfered in marriage decisions of her family and other families. Whats more, she hated that kind of interference and put up an occasional resistance for which she was later punished by making her clean the home of the pastor, clean his utensils, clothes etc. She was living in a virtual hell as her mother and other siblings totally depended on the pastor and let him control the family. Talk about intolerance which is always directed at the Hindus!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Link is not working. Well, I have understood the matter and felt irritated. These pastors and religious heads of any religion have nothing more to do than interfering in the lives of the common people.

shampasaid

The Christian boy Benny Thommana is married to Lija Jaysudhan 10 years ago. The couple follow their respective religions. Benny got the letter demanding an explanation from the church in 2016. The marriage was registered under the special marriage act on Feb in 2005. The couple was threatened by the Church. The couple wanted to lead a peaceful life.The threatening of the Church is illegal.

Kalyani, in another thread I had mentioned the same thing, the arrogance and the intolerance that I have seen personally while growing u for when CH we gave no one else but the oldest party to blame since they have always divided the society on communal grounds. It is only after son hindu groups began to hit back that they began to tone down.

@ shampa, I have saved the link, shd be working now. I agree that religion can be an interfering force in our lives and this is true of all religions

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya, Kalyani Nandurkar

Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains. No chains are stronger than that of religion- be this any- Hindu, Islam or Christian. Your religion and beliefs are already decided even before your birth. One can be free only if he denounces religion and turns atheist. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.