In a hard hitting speech Arun Jaitley, our Finance minister and a renowned lawyer has touched upon the subject of Nationalism and is if the opinion that being patriotic does not curb ones freedom of expression as it is being made to look by some vested interests .

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Freedom-of-expression-gives-no-right-to-destroy-nation-says-Arun-Jaitley/articleshow/51480814.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

 


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    What Jaitley says mismatches with words and acts of his storm troopers threatening minorities and lower castes and all dissenters ever where. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Usha Madam, you are one hundred percent correct.  I think our great Finance Minister represents a party that is basically communal.  Right from the issue of eating beef to talking wrong about everything that Islam represents, without even bothering about consequences, is absolute trash.

    Mr Jaitley is no different.  It is high time that the Congress party and others take to the streets and mobilize public opinion. The Congress may be corrupt, but at least talking about minorities and disturbing the social fabric, in any way, will not happen.

    Freedom of speech and Nationalism can indeed co-exist.  If we do not allow people to express themselves and put them in jail, we also need to jail hundreds from the RSS and the BJP, who are so brazenly communal.


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Nationalism is not that RSS preaches. Indian nationalism cannot be 'Hindu Rashtra'. Let Jaitley disown the concept of Hindu Rashtra to make any further claim. Indian nation is composite. Indian nationalism means unity in diversity, which is in danger from the fascist forces that Jaitley represents. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Freedom of speech should be evaluated impartially. People from each and every political party is crossing the limit in the name of freedom of speech and in that case everyone should be taken to task irrespective of any political party.


    shampasaid


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    Freedom of speech should be evaluated impartially. People from each and every political party is crossing the limit in the name of freedom of speech and in that case everyone should be taken to task irrespective of any political party.

    The Congress party is the most communal and decisive party in the country and its allies too are the same snd from the above comments we can see how people take out shots with little thought calling everyone fascist blah blah..

    Arun Jaitley has given a fitting reply to these so called secular elemrnts who have already fragmented the nation with caste and minority issues, and now having lost power, will go to any extent to damage the rrpuatation of the ruling party


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    Freedom of speech should be evaluated impartially. People from each and every political party is crossing the limit in the name of freedom of speech and in that case everyone should be taken to task irrespective of any political party.

    The Congress party is the most communal and decisive party in the country and its allies too are the same snd from the above comments we can see how people take out shots with little thought calling everyone fascist blah blah..

    Arun Jaitley has given a fitting reply to these so called secular elemrnts who have already fragmented the nation with caste and minority issues, and now having lost power, will go to any extent to damage the rrpuatation of the ruling party

    Keep aside the Congress party because at present they are of no use. What bothers me is that the way fringe elements are acting. The present government needs to curb these fringe elements very strongly or else their good work will be ruined by these disturbing elements. 


    shampasaid


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Arun Jaitley said in no uncertain terms that the Constitution gives full freedom of expression and nationalism do necessarily co exist and the constitution gives full freedom for expressing dissent, disagreement but not the country's destruction. He targeted Congress over its political strength and added that the opposition party lowered its stature and content to be a tail ender of any alliance. A befitting reply to these pseudo Secularists.

     


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    ABSIVAKUMAR wrote:

    Usha Madam, you are one hundred percent correct.  I think our great Finance Minister represents a party that is basically communal.  Right from the issue of eating beef to talking wrong about everything that Islam represents, without even bothering about consequences, is absolute trash.

    Mr Jaitley is no different.  It is high time that the Congress party and others take to the streets and mobilize public opinion. The Congress may be corrupt, but at least talking about minorities and disturbing the social fabric, in any way, will not happen.

    Freedom of speech and Nationalism can indeed co-exist.  If we do not allow people to express themselves and put them in jail, we also need to jail hundreds from the RSS and the BJP, who are so brazenly communal.

    Calling only BJP as communal is not fair and wrong to some extent. Calling congress to come down on streets and mobilize public opinion also will serve no purpose, after all what good have they ever done, apart from giving freebies, subsidies and various other benefits to poor people only to turn them into beggars? And when you talk about spreading discord into minorities and damaging the social fabric, it is the congress that will win the contest any time, hands down and not BJP.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: usha manohar

  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    The problem is that most people would never look beyond the party they support, to the extent , they don't even accept that there could be some short comings ! The old party culture, as usual highly intolerant !!!!!


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Arun Jaitley - freedom if expression and Nationalism can coexist

    by » 6 years ago


    Left to itself BJP would not be so communal as it looks to be. It is the RSS which forces its hands as their agenda is majoritarism. Vajpayee had the stature to withstand the pressure of RSS during his tenure and that is why he is respected by people across cross sections of our society. Today's BJP leaders can not withstand RSS pressure and thus party appears to be communal. One should not be surprised if it loses a lot of goodwill because of RSS as ot did in Bihar.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.