There are several obsessions in some of us. For example, a person suffering from an obsession known as Contamination Obsession. Such persons always haunted by fears of contamination by dust, dirt and even body fluids.

There are several obsessions. Read on for different obsessions that cause anxiety, tension and irritation.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/all-you-need-to-know-about-ocd/article8353080.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The borderline between what is normal and what is obsession is very thin, so it depends on individual perception. My mother is very very psrticular about cleanliness and order. Some of my relatives find it obsesessive but we are fine with it in fact appreciate it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

OCD is caused by the alteration in chemical balance in the brain. It can be treated by good psychologist doctors by appropriate course of medicines which should be completed for cure. Many famous personalities in past suffered from ODC. In the famous movie The Aviator the hero suffers from OCD of catching diseases from viruses etc and it ultimately consumes him. He was one of the richest persons and a great innovator. and it is a true story.

OCD is a neurobiological disorder. The cause is deficiency of a neuro chemical in the brain called Serotonin. which triggers obsessions. Yes it can be treated by either through medication or Cognitive behavioral therapy.

we can say it that it is a disease which is caused by brain alteration. well it is very dangerous disorder because we don't know what this obsession tell us to do. 

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:

The borderline between what is normal and what is obsession is very thin, so it depends on individual perception. My mother is very very psrticular about cleanliness and order. Some of my relatives find it obsesessive but we are fine with it in fact appreciate it...

I agree it depends on individual perception. However compulsion behavior is a kind of psychological disorder where the normal behavior becomes strong urge to do certain things. For ex .. Cleaning hands frequently is a good sign but it becomes compulsion for a person when he gets so obsessed with the cleanliness that he cannot see or do anything else unless he is cleaned, still he will be not satisfied.

Although, the exact cause of  OCD s not fully understood, studies have shown , that a combination of Biological and environmental factors may be involved. However the Scientists think that OCD, Obsessive compulsive disorder arises from problems in the pathways of Brain that link areas dealing with judgment and planning with another area that filters messages involving Body  movements.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder#2

Many of us in the forum reply to every comment irrespective of the topic. It could also be a form of OCD.

I don't think so. Forum participation will not come in to the category of OCD.

rambabu wrote:

Although, the exact cause of  OCD s not fully understood, studies have shown , that a combination of Biological and environmental factors may be involved. However the Scientists think that OCD, Obsessive compulsive disorder arises from problems in the pathways of Brain that link areas dealing with judgment and planning with another area that filters messages involving Body  movements.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder#2

Yes it is true, there is always some environmental factors that leads to compulsive behavior in a person. Personally I saw a lady dentist who became suddenly compulsive and obssesive about developing the infection because while treating one of her patients (HIV patient) she got injured, Dr was unaware about her HIV status, since then she became very obsessed with the cleanliness. Such environmental factors do exist for developing the disease.  

I have one problem. At morning after breakfast, when I have to go my shop most of time I feel dullness and some type of unwillingness to go for work. Is it OCD?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.