Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

yes i think that all of us revise as we are typing not writing from our own hand 

bhuyali saroj

It is different when you write an article where you have to take care of paragraphs ,grammar and sentence formation. But on a forum, the idea is to express yourself naturally, not quote from other sources ...So, the more natural with a mistake here and there is acceptable and better than a carefully written monologue which can be boring .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Not always. But you r right we should review after writing!!!

Avijit Bhunia wrote:

True, more for grammar and spelling mistake rather than the content which, I feel is always at its best when it is spontaneous...later when you correct it and edit it, it loses that freshness.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Avijit Bhunia wrote:

True, more for grammar and spelling mistake rather than the content which, I feel is always at its best when it is spontaneous...later when you correct it and edit it, it loses that freshness.

I agree, spontaneity in forum posts does imbibe freshness and honesty in the posts much more than carefully worded and edited posts, but the mistakes should not be glaringly evident nor change the meaning of words or sentences, which sometimes we see in some peoples' posts.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Avijit Bhunia wrote:

I agree, spontaneity in forum posts does imbibe freshness and honesty in the posts much more than carefully worded and edited posts, but the mistakes should not be glaringly evident nor change the meaning of words or sentences, which sometimes we see in some peoples' posts.

yes very true, carefully worded and edited posts increase the standard of the forum and took it to another level of perfection.

bhuyali saroj

@ Kalyani

There are some posts in the forum with spelling mistakes. These mistakes were committed by senior members and other members including me. This is the direct impact of not revising the post. I'm all for revising the post for a reasonably good post.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Avijit Bhunia wrote:

Very true, funnily enough I have also seen members editing their entire post. I remember having read a comment by a member and thought of responding later and when i decide to do so, the post has been dramatically changed, giving an opposite perspective, probably after having read a couple of comments by other members that were posted after the particular comment...lol

Such howlers will definitely take place if revision is ignored. Most of these mistakes are due to not knowing some subtle difference between some words like, THERE and THEIR.  On the whole, revision is a must.

rambabu wrote:

@ Kalyani

There are some posts in the forum with spelling mistakes. These mistakes were committed by senior members and other members including me. This is the direct impact of not revising the post. I'm all for revising the post for a reasonably good post.

True Rambabu even I am not immune to spelling mistakes, I too commit them often. What I meant is there is no hard and fast rule as to what kind of spelling mistakes can be considered spontaneous and which ones don't. It differs from post to post and carefully worded ones, with tight grammar rules adhered too, not even a punctuation error etc. are the ones that are carefully thought of and not spontaneous. Also, the content too determines that.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.