The topic is locked.

Couple of membes who have earlier been pressing like for every post possible, have again become active after Sunils comment. He had his reasons no doubt, but frankly it is a very unhealthy practice by these members who do it only for gaining points. I for one would never do it, nor keep pressing on articles just to get points.When I do read an article it is to read and not get points and even if I tried I don't think I could read more than 5 articles in a day unlike some who read 40-50 articles in half a day ! Some achievement !

I wish the admin takes some measures before other steady members lose interest in the forum altogether , so that all participants here get equal opportunity, not just the scamsters who make posts just to get points and press likes for the same reason. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you totally on this. There are a couple of regular members who keep pressing like many a times, for no visible valid reason and do not seem to take even warnings seriously. But it will be taken care of soon.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

on the day when @ Kalyani said me that i am misusing the like button too much which makes me a spammer of this site, I stopped liking too much of comments and i only like 2 to 3 comments per day only when i really think that, that sort of comments is really likable.

i really want to know from @KALYANI that whom she is insinuating by saying that there are couple of members who is pressing like button many times. 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:

on the day when @ Kalyani said me that i am misusing the like button too much which makes me a spammer of this site, I stopped liking too much of comments and i only like 2 to 3 comments per day only when i really think that, that sort of comments is really likable.

i really want to know from @KALYANI that whom she is insinuating by saying that there are couple of members who is pressing like button many times. 

First of all, let me thank you for not liking all the posts in a day. Secondly, I dislike the word 'insinuating'. If you know that you are doing it, then why are you on such a defensive mode? If I want to, I will openly name such members and ask them to stop pressing like whenever I find it is time to do so.

Another piece of advise I would like to give you is that, understand and recognise that someone might be speaking generally too, it is not necessary that every time, someone is pointing fingers towards you. And it ill behests you to always try to keep challenging moderators, it is not a polite thing to do!

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Babu saroj

@Kalyani, I sincerely hope some thing would be done , so that members feel motivated enough to post more and also are rewarded for their efforts..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One way could be not award any points for reading articles as only top ten get rewards.

Some motivation to visit on any page is must. Earning of site is depends on views of pages. So I think noting bad is giving point to view article page.

Then a member reading hundreds of articles per day should not be frowned upon. It is an equal opportunity game.

Points for reading articles is a one time gain, although it is for reading not clicking. I feel that s certain time duration should be there before one gets points. Also earlier members got points for leaving a comment or feed back on article pages, which I feel is beneficial. More members would read articles and more clicks on articles and good for the site as well

usha manohar wrote:Points for reading articles is a one time gain, although it is for reading not clicking. I feel that s certain time duration should be there before one gets points. Also earlier members got points for leaving a comment or feed back on article pages, which I feel is beneficial. More members would read articles and more clicks on articles and good for the site as well

There is a time criteria in place for clicking on articles Usha, if you click the second article too soon, then you do not get points. I think there needs to be a lapse of three minutes but that does not guarantee that the person will indeed read the article. That has to come from the person's integrity, we cannot do any thing about it.

One who likes an article without reading it then I feel you can do nothing about such member unless the admin takes a strong step against him/her. Even corruption is here too.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.