The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Then a member reading hundreds of articles per day should not be frowned upon. It is an equal opportunity game.

Yes, but i will be very happy if you take his/her name. Because we have full freedom in this site and i will be very much obliged if you take the name.

bhuyali saroj

I agree with you. As you said, there are a few members who never bother to red the link article provided by the Thread poster. In this regard nothing can be done as the Administrator himself said through his Featured post, a member can press Like Button and read articles. However, I'm against this. If a Member actively participates in the discussion Forums and occasional clicks on likes are OK. But there are members, who are building whole of their Points only by Clicking on Likes and reading articles. For this, Administration has to do something.

Thank you said by: Babu saroj
rambabu wrote:

I agree with you. As you said, there are a few members who never bother to red the link article provided by the Thread poster. In this regard nothing can be done as the Administrator himself said through his Featured post, a member can press Like Button and read articles. However, I'm against this. If a Member actively participates in the discussion Forums and occasional clicks on likes are OK. But there are members, who are building whole of their Points only by Clicking on Likes and reading articles. For this, Administration has to do something.

yeah only admin can do something in this regard 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:

yeah only admin can do something in this regard 

It is not something that only the admin can do. To stop such practices, each and every member must resolve to help with it and not click like for anything and everything. Putting entire responsibility on admin does not absolve others of their own responsibility.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One who likes an article without reading it then I feel you can do nothing about such member unless the admin takes a strong step against him/her. Even corruption is here too.

We can do a lot many things because we know how long they stayed or how many they clicked within a particular time but the site has so few members right now so I do not want make the count even lesser. But they pay it in other ways, directly or indirectly which is very much visible if they care to know what I mean.  

@Usha my comment was for those members that use my rare posts and me as punching bags. I never knew I am so much liked by all the members of this site but my mailbox doesn't like so many likes thumbsdown.png  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:Points for reading articles is a one time gain, although it is for reading not clicking. I feel that s certain time duration should be there before one gets points. Also earlier members got points for leaving a comment or feed back on article pages, which I feel is beneficial. More members would read articles and more clicks on articles and good for the site as well

There is a time criteria in place for clicking on articles Usha, if you click the second article too soon, then you do not get points. I think there needs to be a lapse of three minutes but that does not guarantee that the person will indeed read the article. That has to come from the person's integrity, we cannot do any thing about it.

That criteria is no more in place, try it. I tried it 3 months before. I checked the record of members' READING habit and found they can READ 10 in a minute. Some speed bouquet.png

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:Points for reading articles is a one time gain, although it is for reading not clicking. I feel that s certain time duration should be there before one gets points. Also earlier members got points for leaving a comment or feed back on article pages, which I feel is beneficial. More members would read articles and more clicks on articles and good for the site as well

There is a time criteria in place for clicking on articles Usha, if you click the second article too soon, then you do not get points. I think there needs to be a lapse of three minutes but that does not guarantee that the person will indeed read the article. That has to come from the person's integrity, we cannot do any thing about it.

That criteria is no more in place, try it. I tried it 3 months before. I checked the record of members' READING habit and found they can READ 10 in a minute. Some speed bouquet.png

I tried it. I clicked a few articles today. The condition that there should be a time gap between  one Click and another is not applicable now.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I tried it. I clicked a few articles today. The condition that there should be a time gap between  one Click and another is not applicable now.

I know, I have a detailed data of every member

suni51 wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One who likes an article without reading it then I feel you can do nothing about such member unless the admin takes a strong step against him/her. Even corruption is here too.

We can do a lot many things because we know how long they stayed or how many they clicked within a particular time but the site has so few members right now so I do not want make the count even lesser. But they pay it in other ways, directly or indirectly which is very much visible if they care to know what I mean.  

@Usha my comment was for those members that use my rare posts and me as punching bags. I never knew I am so much liked by all the members of this site but my mailbox doesn't like so many likes thumbsdown.png 

@suni51 I know that the moderators have the power to keep many things under check but I was referring to the members who are not the moderators. Well, sorry I did not understand what you meant by 'paying in other ways' and the fact is it is usually difficult for me to understand your saying. 

shampasaid

@Kalyani, I totally agree with your views.. It is only a member who is irresponsible , who puts the onus on the admin.

@ Sunil..I agree with your views that the activity here has reduced a lot and one cannot reduce it further by curtailing any kind of activity even if it amounts to spam.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.