Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is impossible to connect all cities anywhere in the world. What is normally done in Europe and other parts of the world is the schedule train and air travel in such a way that passengers dont need to waste time waiting for connecting trains or aircraft. I guess that is something Indian tourism dept has to work on so that the waiting period is reduced and also make air travel cheaper by introducing more budget airlines and have many more airports across the country , in smaller towns so that people can get from place to place in the shortest period of time.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Vizag by no logic is in deep South. It is in fact more near  to Odisha in eastern India. 

There as dozens of unused airports which are not able to attract traffic. Tourism is undertaken from savings and Indians are still hand to mouth.

It is a question of studying popular destinations ..I know of Belgaum airport in Katnataka which is hardly heard of but it is very well located and there are many people visiting Maharashtra and other places in Karnataka. If flights to Pune, Mumbai and other nearby places are introduced I am sure there would be enough people using it. Apart from a single flight to Bangalore there were hardly any other flights operating from there. When you already have an airport, you have to look and explore all possibilities to make it functional ..I am sure this is the case with most of the smaller airports

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

There as dozens of unused airports which are not able to attract traffic. Tourism is undertaken from savings and Indians are still hand to mouth.

All these airports were made by the Goraji( british), but India is a poor country and we cannot upkeep these airports. Some are being looked after by the IAF, with their Care and Maintenenace Units. Can one imagine that at Kumbhigram the Americans built 27 runaways. Whew! Only 3 are operational now. India has a long way to go yet.

Now the scenario has changed. Most of the Airports are being undertaken by Civil Aviation Ministry. In my place Airport has been upgraded to an International Airport after it's selected for Smart city. From here there are many direct flights to several National and International Airports. And, there is a likelihood of reduction in fares to lure the passengers.

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

All these airports were made by the Goraji( british), but India is a poor country and we cannot upkeep these airports. Some are being looked after by the IAF, with their Care and Maintenenace Units. Can one imagine that at Kumbhigram the Americans built 27 runaways. Whew! Only 3 are operational now. India has a long way to go yet.

Why not bring in private entrepreneur , so that they have the freedom to choose routes that are viable and provide connectivity to other places. 

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

Why not bring in private entrepreneur , so that they have the freedom to choose routes that are viable and provide connectivity to other places. 

Private entrepreneurs in India always turn out to be expensive outfits and beyond reach of the common people. But if individuals were to form cooperative societies on the lines similar to that are formed in agricultural sector, it would benefit larger groups in terms of employment and also help control costs as well as benefit more travelers. Just a thought!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

Private entrepreneurs in India always turn out to be expensive outfits and beyond reach of the common people. But if individuals were to form cooperative societies on the lines similar to that are formed in agricultural sector, it would benefit larger groups in terms of employment and also help control costs as well as benefit more travelers. Just a thought!

Not any more, in fact the private airlines are the cheapest now while compared to Airindia and its sister organisation. The other day my brother flew here from Bangalore on Jet airways paying Rs 2200 while the airfare on Indian airlines was close to Rs 5500...In fact we have 7 flights daily from Mangalore to Bangalore and all of them are going full even during week days except the Indian airlines flight on which you can hope to get a seat even during last minute if you can afford it !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Subject to correction I think Air India does not operate between Mangalore -Bengaluru sector so the fare of 5500 is not applicable. In fact it is fare of one Jet flight. Recently I was searching for flights on this sector.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.