Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

So in effect we should be treating Koran, Bible, Guru Granth Sahib and all the rest as fairy tales, and will those religious groups agree to this suggestion, most probably some of them would go on a strike, the so called sicularists of our country go up in arms and some issue a fatwah against the one who dares to say so about their scriptures ..

Now Pope has said that there is no hell fire and there were no Adam and eve.  In Hindu religion, there are two sets of scriptures/ books. Some contain philosophy or knowledge. These are Vedas, Vedanta, Meemaansa etc. There are also Puranas, which are stories. There are different characters in Puranas, about which there is difference of opinion. Different sections/ castes believe in conflicting versions. Treating these as tales/ stories will lessen the tension. Also, we can learn a lot even from stories. By treating Ramayana and Mahabharata as stories, you don't lose the capacity to learn from these. We learn much from stories also. There is famous book 'Panch Tantra' containing many stories using animals as characters. The stories were for teaching princes statecraft. 

So in effect you will not speak directly when it comes to a certain group, which is clear by your long winded explanation which most of us Hindus already know ! usual double standards !

The illustrations and parables given in all holy books are just stories. It makes no difference whether these are Hindu, Muslim or christian. But all this does not matter. as long as beliefs do not harm, all is okay. But when there are conflicting versions about these mythological figures, conflicts arise. e.g. recent controversy on Durga and Mahishasur. There are some times communal fight among Muslims also on Muharram- between Sunni and Shia. This happens mostly at Lucknow. Such conflicts can be avoided by treating the past as something irrelevant or mere stories so that current generation can live peacefully.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The very fact that the Durga Mahishasura conflict is a recent one shows how divisive communal forces, which also include some so called rationale and self proclaimed intellectuals among Hindus , are taking advantage of Hinduism and bringing in conflict between caste groups, need one say more ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

So in effect we should be treating Koran, Bible, Guru Granth Sahib and all the rest as fairy tales, and will those religious groups agree to this suggestion, most probably some of them would go on a strike, the so called sicularists of our country go up in arms and some issue a fatwah against the one who dares to say so about their scriptures ..

Now Pope has said that there is no hell fire and there were no Adam and eve.  In Hindu religion, there are two sets of scriptures/ books. Some contain philosophy or knowledge. These are Vedas, Vedanta, Meemaansa etc. There are also Puranas, which are stories. There are different characters in Puranas, about which there is difference of opinion. Different sections/ castes believe in conflicting versions. Treating these as tales/ stories will lessen the tension. Also, we can learn a lot even from stories. By treating Ramayana and Mahabharata as stories, you don't lose the capacity to learn from these. We learn much from stories also. There is famous book 'Panch Tantra' containing many stories using animals as characters. The stories were for teaching princes statecraft. 

So in effect you will not speak directly when it comes to a certain group, which is clear by your long winded explanation which most of us Hindus already know ! usual double standards !

The illustrations and parables given in all holy books are just stories. It makes no difference whether these are Hindu, Muslim or christian. But all this does not matter. as long as beliefs do not harm, all is okay. But when there are conflicting versions about these mythological figures, conflicts arise. e.g. recent controversy on Durga and Mahishasur. There are some times communal fight among Muslims also on Muharram- between Sunni and Shia. This happens mostly at Lucknow. Such conflicts can be avoided by treating the past as something irrelevant or mere stories so that current generation can live peacefully.  

I agree with you and ready to accept what you said provided if you please go and say same lines to other religious groups too. Please don't tell me that you say these things in the capacity as a  Hindu. You have said it at many previous occasions that you have no faith in any religion so Hindu or other religious groups should not be a restraining factor for you.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Ramayana and Mahabharata  are the two encyclopedias of ancient Aryan life and wisdom, portraying the ideal civilization for the entire Humanity. These Epics are ageless. They lived for thousands of years and live for eternity. They should be treated as Treasure chests of wisdom. Not mere Fairy tales.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree with you and ready to accept what you said provided if you please go and say same lines to other religious groups too. Please don't tell me that you say these things in the capacity as a  Hindu. You have said it at many previous occasions that you have no faith in any religion so Hindu or other religious groups should not be a restraining factor for you.  

I am writing here and on Facebook. I don't go to people- Hindu or others-  for talking on any political, social or religious issue. It is only occasional interaction with known people- Hindu or Muslim-. I seldom talk in person to anyone. I am a simple person leaving for work early morning and reaching home late-  doing professional work most time. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

How does it satisfy the self styled nationalists that if someone is genuinely discussing the inherent weaknesses  of our religion he should simultaneously do same for anothr religion. No one is afraid of doing so but what is the logic in doing so.

vijay wrote:

How does it satisfy the self styled nationalists that if someone is genuinely discussing the inherent weaknesses  of our religion he should simultaneously do same for anothr religion. No one is afraid of doing so but what is the logic in doing so.

Sure no one is afraid of asking these things directly or indirectly- here is a direct question to you- which side are you on

Anti nationalists or nationalists??? Religious or anti religious???? I mean you support Kanahiya or Anupam Khair and here I do not have BJP or Congress in my mind because parties mean nothing personally to me.

Don't answer me if you are not comfortable answering my questions.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I will answer you. What is there to be afraid of. I am a nationalist. I am not very religious but surely not anti religion. I would choose Kanhaiya because he is starting his life and can be molded. Anupam wants us to be greatful to him because he came from a family whose father earned 90 bucks a month and see where he has reached. Millions of persons in this country had parents earning much less and they reached very high in life. So what is new in it. Now you can also answer if you chose to do so. Are you pseudo secular or pseudo nationalist? Do you want minorities to go to Pakistan or remain here as second class citizens? Is the country to be ruled by Constitution or majoritarianism? 

All things considered we have good governance by the present government elected by the majority of the people, no hanky panky there ..thankfully majority of the people are happy because they see hopes of a thriving economy and the majority community so far relegated to being second class is finally after decades finding its voice. Let us hope this state of things continue for as long as it takes.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Modi is the choice of the Country. Despite teething troubles, the present Government  is faring well on all the fronts.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.