Our body needs nourishing and well balanced food for good Health. Similarly, one has to note, mind too needs certain activities to keep the mind healthier, younger and smarter. Dancing, (you need not be an expert) is an effective way to boost Brain function. The idea is to stay active. Experts say, challenging yourself will help. It is said learning more than one language not only lower the chances of Dementia but also makes you an expert Multitasker. Do you have other ways to suggest to boost the functioning of Brain ?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Being physically and mentally active is the only way for our overall health.  Some exercise- may be simply jogging and brisk walking, reading newspaper and writing, solving crossword puzzles or sudoko- are sure to keep you healthy.  It pays to do small things yourself rather than asking for help. It is better to fill your glass with water from water cooler yourself rather than asking  some one else's help.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Learning  a new language, Brisk walking before sun rise, Solving the crossword puzzles are some of the activities that help  boost the Brain functioning.

This seems so interesting that dancing improves our brain function. well  i do agree. when our body becomes tired then brain also get tired and there fore new energy generates and finally brain function more actively

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Ability to perform multitask improves the brain activity as well. Multitasking keeps your brain more alert and engaged into the activity that it boosts the functioning of brain. Multitasking like answering the phone call while reading the newspaper; However you need to be trained to perform multiple tasks at a time or else you tend to make many mistakes.  

One way to improve Brain functioning is to challenging yourself.. Challenging yourself encourages your brain to perform better. I'm a Music lover. I love to play Jazz drums and Bongo drums. The idea is to play Drums for my own pleasure. When I was working in Rourkela Steel plant, I happened to see a SardarJi playing Bongo drums in a local cultural festival. I bought.his drums. My friends laughed at me. I took it as a challenge and practiced Drum playing every day sitting in a remote far way place during morning hours before going to my duty. My practice resulted in making me an accomplished Drum player. I was included in a cultural group to entertain the Army at the Pak- India border at Karimganj during Indo- Pak war. in !971.

I congratulate you on learning to play drums because of your determination.

In today's scenario one cannot function without multi tasking because you have to take care of so many things - home, work,other work , personal work..I automatically think and plan on doing at least 3 jobs at the same time in the morning , like running he washing machine, making tea and cutting vegetables or fruits as the need may be, or washing utensils ! I am sure most working women would do this because you are perpetually in a hurry !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

In today's scenario one cannot function without multi tasking because you have to take care of so many things - home, work,other work , personal work..I automatically think and plan on doing at least 3 jobs at the same time in the morning , like running he washing machine, making tea and cutting vegetables or fruits as the need may be, or washing utensils ! I am sure most working women would do this because you are perpetually in a hurry !

Agree... Women are more involved into multitasking... It is a necessity in today's life.. Everyone is in hurry starting from the morning.. We need to do many task at a time or else would not be able to complete the work on time.. Now a days even companies are looking for multitasker ad they believe such people would be beneficial for the growth of the company..
Bajirao wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Agree... Women are more involved into multitasking... It is a necessity in today's life.. Everyone is in hurry starting from the morning.. We need to do many task at a time or else would not be able to complete the work on time.. Now a days even companies are looking for multitasker ad they believe such people would be beneficial for the growth of the company..
Multi tasking is good in these days of fast paced life. But, it has its own drawbacks. Even though my wife is not a working woman, she too does multi tasking in Kitchen. Her intention is to save more time for her Pujas. In this process, she has become victim of quite a few accidents. Some times, hot oil splash out and spurt over her hands. The point I want to drive home is, while multi tasking,  one should exercise utmost care.

usha manohar wrote:

That kind of multitasking is vital for today's women. After waking up in the morning, first things that I have to do are start chopping onions, veggies etc. for the tiffin box as well as for breakfast, at the same time making tea, heating up milk etc. Similar things repeated through the day, even at night while watching TV, I am either planning for next day's meals or cleaning leafy veggies or other stuff, peeling garlic etc. Multitasking is essential, and I think doing all these things by ourselves involves not just alertness of our brain but also fine motor function of our nervous system, which keeps us quick and alert  in the mind.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.