Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

I did not say, if someone does the same it annoys me.

Honestly it is futile to discuss this because you are a bundle of contradiction as one can clearly see from the above posts ..

Moving on ..A very annoying habit of Indians which each and every Indian and Foreigner condemns is defecating in public. Our men seem to think that the entire place is free for them to urinate and of course the less privileged use it for everything ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Views of a member change according to the other member's views.  Only thing that's required is, the other member's views must be  convincing. to me. For example your views on Cricket and my views are poles apart., If your views convinced me,naturally i would have  respected you for your opinion.  in these circumstance no wonder if I look like a bundle of contradictions

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Caring of guest is culture and tradition of India. Some peoples are of shying and hesitation nature. It is also reason than hosts force guest to eat. In some part of country if host don't care and ask many time to eat, guest may be annoyed. But with changing time one must be change them self. It is enough to request once to guest for eating food of their choice.

True. " Atithi Devo Bhava" is the belief  in Indian families. But as you said, the guest should be allowed to eat whatever he likes. The host  should keep all the food items before the guest in order to eat whatever the guest likes.

Here in my area it is not practice to serve food with hand by host to ghost. here when we received invitation time of lunch and dinner is printed on it. When we reached there host welcome us and ask only once for lunch or dinner.

What you said about printed invitations is true for functions like marriages and Birthday celebrations etc. Here too we invite the guests through printed invitations. I'm talking about some private functions we invite the guests orally.

Yes it is right that written invitation is only for marriage and other big function. I don't know about others but it is habit that at private function or when some guest come to me I never press them to eat as per my choice. I always prefer to serve them what they like. We must be remember that stomach is there but pocket is our. First we press them to eat which they don't like and then we also face there sulikness. What is need of it. Request once and then let them free to eat what they want. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Caring of guest is culture and tradition of India. Some peoples are of shying and hesitation nature. It is also reason than hosts force guest to eat. In some part of country if host don't care and ask many time to eat, guest may be annoyed. But with changing time one must be change them self. It is enough to request once to guest for eating food of their choice.

True. " Atithi Devo Bhava" is the belief  in Indian families. But as you said, the guest should be allowed to eat whatever he likes. The host  should keep all the food items before the guest in order to eat whatever the guest likes.

Here in my area it is not practice to serve food with hand by host to ghost. here when we received invitation time of lunch and dinner is printed on it. When we reached there host welcome us and ask only once for lunch or dinner.

What you said about printed invitations is true for functions like marriages and Birthday celebrations etc. Here too we invite the guests through printed invitations. I'm talking about some private functions we invite the guests orally.

Yes it is right that written invitation is only for marriage and other big function. I don't know about others but it is habit that at private function or when some guest come to me I never press them to eat as per my choice. I always prefer to serve them what they like. We must be remember that stomach is there but pocket is our. First we press them to eat which they don't like and then we also face there sulikness. What is need of it. Request once and then let them free to eat what they want. 

That's the best idea. Let them eat whatever thy like.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

I once had a bad experience when I was served chicken , which I dont eat and when I told them I dont eat meat ,I was given a lecture by the lady as to how it is good for health and when my family eats, it is my duty to eat.I told them I cook what my family wants  but what I eat is my choice and according to my own wish. I politely asked them to change the plate..Of course now when we meet we laugh about it but it is not a good practice to force things on people, which I have seen happening many times.

Here we are discussing some bad habits of Indians. However, some habits are universal.  We need to behave in a manner that will be socially right and pleasing.  The most important rule is that we should care more about others than ourselves when in a function.  Do to others as you would be done by is the basic norm. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

Chandigarh is also a neat and clean city. Our cities are not clean because we depends on government for it. In Delhi AAP government is doing well for cleaning.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.