Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

Chandigarh is also a neat and clean city. Our cities are not clean because we depends on government for it. In Delhi AAP government is doing well for cleaning.

That is good because the last time I visited Delhi , I fond some areas very filthy ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

Chandigarh is also a neat and clean city. Our cities are not clean because we depends on government for it. In Delhi AAP government is doing well for cleaning.

That is good because the last time I visited Delhi , I fond some areas very filthy ..

If the AAP is really cleaning Delhi, then it is a commendable act and their example should be followed. But I feel that people who have been doing such service without expecting anything should be felicitated and their deeds made known to all, so more people follow their example. eg. Anna Hazare may have fallen low in the eyes of people for carrying his Lokpal agitation too far and then giving in, but he has literally created a heaven in his village Ralegan Siddhi and maintained it for last so many decades. It is due to hia hard work and dedication that his village is one of the cleanest, self-sustained and green village where there is no place for alcoholism, dirt and lazy souls. He should be applauded for this work and his example should be followed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

AAP is doing some thing good. But that's due to rivalry between the BJP and AAP. In reality Delhi's cleanliness remained as unclean as ever. This was testified by my own Son -in- Law who came recently to India. He observed still there uncleaned streets that too on the Main and important roads.

well this happen in India mostly because people in India sees her/his guest as god and they try to make them happy in every possible way. well it might be annoying for somebody but i think instead of feeling annoying we should respect their gesture.

bhuyali saroj

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If the AAP is really cleaning Delhi, then it is a commendable act and their example should be followed. But I feel that people who have been doing such service without expecting anything should be felicitated and their deeds made known to all, so more people follow their example. eg. Anna Hazare may have fallen low in the eyes of people for carrying his Lokpal agitation too far and then giving in, but he has literally created a heaven in his village Ralegan Siddhi and maintained it for last so many decades. It is due to hia hard work and dedication that his village is one of the cleanest, self-sustained and green village where there is no place for alcoholism, dirt and lazy souls. He should be applauded for this work and his example should be followed.

May I help you check the cleanest village of Asia Mawlynnong- Here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MJa27WgOM

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

May I help you check the cleanest village of Asia Mawlynnong- Here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MJa27WgOM

Breath taking. Mawlynnong, Asia's cleanest is also referred as God''s own Garden, situated in the East Khasi hills of Meghalaya. The video is clear..

In my opinion the cleanliness of any city depends on the number of people live there and mentality of people. Less populated places will be always clean while more populated ones unclean unless every person makes an effort to keep the city clean which is not the case most of the time. 

Mumbai is a hub of finance, education and pretty much everything, hence people from every part of India like to settle here. Accomodation of  more people in less spacious area has made this place dirty. No one makes an effort to keep it clean. Every body wants to settle in Mumbai, like to live Mumbai's life, earn good salaries and enjoy mumbai life, but no one thinks that city need to be kept clean as they keep their houses clean. 

It is not just the density of the population that is relevant but also the infra structure with regard to sanitation and public utilities that help in keeping a city clean which is very poor in all our major cities.No wonder most of them stink away to glory day in and day out..It is distressing to see children playing in all that squalor and filth ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

whereas about cleanliness, i think cleanliness start from every individual house. if we are strict in cleaning our own house then there is nobody who can make our house or our surrounding dirty.

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:

whereas about cleanliness, i think cleanliness start from every individual house. if we are strict in cleaning our own house then there is nobody who can make our house or our surrounding dirty.

Of course, people must set an example first. If everyone of us keep our house and surrounds clean, automatically cleanliness in the neighborhood takes place. This is what Swach Bharat initiated by Modi stresses. A clean India will make the people healthy free from diseases.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.