Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babu saroj wrote:

whereas about cleanliness, i think cleanliness start from every individual house. if we are strict in cleaning our own house then there is nobody who can make our house or our surrounding dirty.

The Indian mentality is to clean ones own house and garden if they have one and throw the rubbish into another compound or street side. It is precisely  because of this attitude that our public places are filthy. How much can the authorities do ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

whereas about cleanliness, i think cleanliness start from every individual house. if we are strict in cleaning our own house then there is nobody who can make our house or our surrounding dirty.

The Indian mentality is to clean ones own house and garden if they have one and throw the rubbish into another compound or street side. It is precisely  because of this attitude that our public places are filthy. How much can the authorities do ?

Very true Usha, Indian mentality is such that each one is concerned with his own personal safety, security and cleanliness and does not feel responsible and accountable for the others. That is why, the first thing when something happens is that the mobs attack and destroy public properties, not considering the fact that they are for our own usage. Same thing goes for public places, they are outside our houses so no harm in dirtying them.

Thankfully, action against spitters is being taken big time in Pune since last week. People spitting from buses and vehicles are forcibly taken off the vehicles and made to pay fines and also clean up their own mess. But the point is, continuity of the action. I only hope that this is carried through out so that finally people stop spitting outside.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Modi's initiative Swatch Bharat has suggested some incentives for those, who build their closed Toilets, the expenditure in building a toilet will be reimbursed. Additionally, other initiatives also will be there. The scheme has been introduced in my city Vizag and it seems it's working as of now. Because I found the streets are clean during my morning walks.. It remains to be seen how long this cleanliness drive works. To stop open defecation, for rural areas too  the reimbursement programme is made applicable.

rambabu wrote:

Modi's initiative Swatch Bharat has suggested some incentives for those, who build their closed Toilets, the expenditure in building a toilet will be reimbursed. Additionally, other initiatives also will be there. The scheme has been introduced in my city Vizag and it seems it's working as of now. Because I found the streets are clean during my morning walks.. It remains to be seen how long this cleanliness drive works. To stop open defecation, for rural areas too  the reimbursement programme is made applicable.

If the scheme is working and the city is becoming clean, then its a good initiative. But what I still fail to understand is why does each such initiative, which is benefit for the people who live there, has to carry some reimbursement tin order to work?? Why do we need to be paid for things that are for our own good? Why can't we do them just because it is our basic and moral duty?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

If the scheme is working and the city is becoming clean, then its a good initiative. But what I still fail to understand is why does each such initiative, which is benefit for the people who live there, has to carry some reimbursement tin order to work?? Why do we need to be paid for things that are for our own good? Why can't we do them just because it is our basic and moral duty?

True.  The need to keep a place neat and clean should be realized by the individuals.. Over the years, we all found how even the educated people too dirtying the streets owing to lack of awareness and sense of belonging. Which is why, it became necessary for the Government to introduce a few initiatives. What I feel is, after some time, these initiatives should be withdrawn gradually.

When people can keep their homes clean why can not they keep their surroundings clean? Utter disregard for fellow citizens is shown by a very large number of our persons. When these indifferent citizens go abroad they show regard for citizens of those countries but on return become indifferent again. In this matter the slogan Bharat Mata ki Jai sounds hollow.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Very true Usha, Indian mentality is such that each one is concerned with his own personal safety, security and cleanliness and does not feel responsible and accountable for the others. That is why, the first thing when something happens is that the mobs attack and destroy public properties, not considering the fact that they are for our own usage. Same thing goes for public places, they are outside our houses so no harm in dirtying them.

Thankfully, action against spitters is being taken big time in Pune since last week. People spitting from buses and vehicles are forcibly taken off the vehicles and made to pay fines and also clean up their own mess. But the point is, continuity of the action. I only hope that this is carried through out so that finally people stop spitting outside.

It is also imperative that people do it automatically , like they do at home. You don't litter inside your house, so why do it outside ? One more very annoying habit we have is piling building material and building debris on road side or wherever there is space. In Mangalore this had become such a nuisance. It seems to have become a little better although we get to see piles of building material the moment we leave city limits on the road side and empty places. I am not sure who to blame here ?  the authorities for not providing a proper place for getting rid of it or the builders..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is what exactly happening right now in my neighboring flat building material is dumped on the road. On a complaint. the corporation or Municipality will take action. But many will not complain.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

Chandigarh is also a neat and clean city. Our cities are not clean because we depends on government for it. In Delhi AAP government is doing well for cleaning.

That is good because the last time I visited Delhi , I fond some areas very filthy ..

If the AAP is really cleaning Delhi, then it is a commendable act and their example should be followed. But I feel that people who have been doing such service without expecting anything should be felicitated and their deeds made known to all, so more people follow their example. eg. Anna Hazare may have fallen low in the eyes of people for carrying his Lokpal agitation too far and then giving in, but he has literally created a heaven in his village Ralegan Siddhi and maintained it for last so many decades. It is due to hia hard work and dedication that his village is one of the cleanest, self-sustained and green village where there is no place for alcoholism, dirt and lazy souls. He should be applauded for this work and his example should be followed.

if you will search you may find more village like Ralegan Sidhi. Part of government is cleaning is very little one. it is depends on the resident of village and city how they like cleanness. If we depends on government than cleaning of any place is not possible. Here is one organization Sacch Soda. This organisation clean big city Panipat with in one day with help of its followers. 

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

When members tie themselves up in knots trying wriggle out of a tricky situation they have created for themselves ,it is best to leave it alone..

Coming back to the topic, I am told by visitors that Pakistan is a much cleaner country and better organised than India. I have visited Karachi which was more or less like one of our busy cities but Islamabad is supposed to be a cleaner city and people don't use the public places as toilets like they do here in India.

That is surprising indeed! I think in India, apart from some North Eastern states, generally all open, public places are treated as trash bins. It is very surprising that the cleanest village in Asia is Mawlynnong which is in Meghalaya, I have seen a video of it on FB. If they can do it, why can't the others?

I tried to search for the video but can't find it now, but did find the Facebook page, worth checking it out by every one!

https://www.facebook.com/MawlynnongTourist-Spot-Cleanest-village-in-Asia-211074139018631/

What a lovely place, definitely worth visiting and like you said Kalyani, if they can do it why not us ? It is all so natural and unspoilt ! let it remain so for decades to come ..

Chandigarh is also a neat and clean city. Our cities are not clean because we depends on government for it. In Delhi AAP government is doing well for cleaning.

That is good because the last time I visited Delhi , I fond some areas very filthy ..

If the AAP is really cleaning Delhi, then it is a commendable act and their example should be followed. But I feel that people who have been doing such service without expecting anything should be felicitated and their deeds made known to all, so more people follow their example. eg. Anna Hazare may have fallen low in the eyes of people for carrying his Lokpal agitation too far and then giving in, but he has literally created a heaven in his village Ralegan Siddhi and maintained it for last so many decades. It is due to hia hard work and dedication that his village is one of the cleanest, self-sustained and green village where there is no place for alcoholism, dirt and lazy souls. He should be applauded for this work and his example should be followed.

if you will search you may find more village like Ralegan Sidhi. Part of government is cleaning is very little one. it is depends on the resident of village and city how they like cleanness. If we depends on government than cleaning of any place is not possible. Here is one organization Sacch Soda. This organisation clean big city Panipat with in one day with help of its followers. 

Such voluntary organizations are needed more. . i know there are such organizations with the supporters from the public are doing yeomen service to keep the country neat and clean. And this the very motto of Swatch Bharat.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.