After seeing many Quiz competitions in real life as well as on TV programmes  I felt, the students should look beyond the Text Books.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/education/look-beyond-the-textbooks/article8455319.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The students who like only to focus of books called book worm. Quiz, singing, plying music instrument, games all are helpful in study.

anil wrote:

The students who like only to focus of books called book worm. Quiz, singing, plying music instrument, games all are helpful in study.

Definitely. But the real culprits are the parents who think that ,  by sticking to the books day and night heir children become more intelligent. Extra curricular activities are needed along with the studies.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Definitely. But the real culprits are the parents who think that ,  by sticking to the books day and night heir children become more intelligent. Extra curricular activities are needed along with the studies.

Therefore every day news paper have news of suicide committed by students. Grade is not life, it is much more than it.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Therefore every day news paper have news of suicide committed by students. Grade is not life, it is much more than it.

Well said. the reason for student suicides is due to forcing the students both by the educational institutions and the parents. Unable to withstand, these students commit suicide.

Now a days kids don't get enough time from their school homeworks  how they will be able to manage time for extra curricular activities?

Although many schools do make sure that kids are involved into other activities as well. Even if kids want to spend time in extra activities they cannot either because of school studies or because parents force them to study all the time. 

Bajirao wrote:

Now a days kids don't get enough time from their school homeworks  how they will be able to manage time for extra curricular activities?

Although many schools do make sure that kids are involved into other activities as well. Even if kids want to spend time in extra activities they cannot either because of school studies or because parents force them to study all the time. 

Here, we have to look into two important aspects pertaining to today's education system, First is, Parental concerns and their ambitions. Every parent, irrespective of the Social status, would see their offspring grow and have good education. There's nothing wrong in it. In this process, parents look for an educational institution that caters to their wishes and ambitions. Now, let's see the Educational institutions aspect. Present educational Institutions mostly. revolve  around making money. So, it's understood that Educational institutions go to any length to see their students excel  in their school activities, except, extra curricular activities like debating, playing etc.. After all this, a student becomes so tired, he will reach home dead tired and longs for sleep.

In this process, where is the time left for extracurricular activities ? Where is the possibility for the student to look beyond Text Books?, Hence, I feel, both the students and educational institutions are culprits. Unable to withstand this pressure, poor child resorts to extreme activities like committing suicide or simply runaway from the Home.

Don't forget about tuitions. Even many students of class 1 are sent to private tutors leave aside senior students in the evening which is so depressing.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Don't forget about tuitions. Even many students of class 1 are sent to private tutors leave aside senior students in the evening which is so depressing.

Well said. Tuition is another factor  hat makes the student a Robot.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Yeah, there are many students who go for the tuition 3-5 times a day. i have seen many friends of mine who have separate tuition for each and every subject, which makes the heavy burden on their head

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Yeah, there are many students who go for the tuition 3-5 times a day. i have seen many friends of mine who have separate tuition for each and every subject, which makes the heavy burden on their head

I pity the child who is sandwiched between the parental pressures and Educational institute's pressure. In these conditions, when the child gets time look beyond the texts and when the child gets time for playing ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.