Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A creative contribution.

I'm of the opinion that there would be a a solution for every Problem. Only thing is one must have sincerity  and  strong determination  to find a way out. Organizations can be run  with senior members who are dedicated and possess updated knowledge and enterprising youngsters who are willing to shed perspiration to serve the interests of the Organization.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is definitely a change in the attitude of the employers which has become more capitalistic in its preference , more an American concept where the capacity of a person to impress and bring in business becomes the most preferred qualification. But this has its own short comings in the long run. A senior experienced person need not always have old fashioned ideas, he or she may be with the times and know what exactly is needed for the betterment of the company, given a chance ! It is normally youngsters with a few years of experience that get the best of jobs.

True...that too and now more focus is given on hiring candidates who are able to multitask effectively. When it comes to multitasking, usually the seniors lose out as they find it hard to pick up new skills in addition to what they have been doing for years. Younger, on the other hand, have no problem multitasking and get picked up. But unfortunately, it does have long term consequences that in due course of time, their may not be people left with in-depth knowledge of any particular expertise, as youngsters tend to focus only on picking up enough to do a job and not go in deeper.

Kalyani, there is no denying that the youngsters if today are a very smart lot, also having the advantage of youthful agility on their side. As far as multitasking goes, like you said one cannot do full justice to any one job since you are dividing your attention. I have an uncle working for nescafe of course he is retired now. He did his BSC after joining the company realising that he lacked the required knowledge and qualification and could be left behind ESP when qualified youngsters were joining in. Later he did a course in computer management and finally an MBA, all of this while in service. He reached a very high position before his retirement. 

That is really commendable Usha, he took those many efforts so that he could not be left behind. It is this attribute of willingness and ability to adapt quickly to changes is what most in the end, even much more than experience, knowledge and even seniority.

Yes his is an exemplary case and not many would think of educating themselves after marriage, kids and having worked for a considerable number of years. Basically , even the seniors should keep in step with the youngsters and it is not impossible.

True, it is not impossible for anyone, only the will to accept change and adapt accordingly has to be there.

Unless they are willing to do that they will be left behind. Every job comes with its own intricacies and unless you are able to absorb it and better yourself, there is no hope except probably in government service, where reservations, seniority and ones closeness to the authorities concerned are taken as qualifications. Unless  that changes, there is little hope because no private sector can compete with public sector.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

I'm of the opinion that there would be a a solution for every Problem. Only thing is one must have sincerity  and  strong determination  to find a way out. Organizations can be run  with senior members who are dedicated and possess updated knowledge and enterprising youngsters who are willing to shed perspiration to serve the interests of the Organization.

yeah determination and strong willingness is required to get promoted to another level of excellence. now a day everything is getting updated so it applied on human also 

bhuyali saroj

Most issues are co related , similarly an interest in ones career can be taken further only when the job interests you or you take the initiative to cultivate an interest in your job, by learning and gaining more knowledge about it..A good capable sweeper who excels in his job is definitely better than a indifferent and careless doctor !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I believe in Performance catering to the needs of the Organization. I also feel an admixture of Youngsters, who are ready to perspire and the Seniors who are willing to guide will work wonders.

well i think that promotion should be on the bases of seniority because senior person have more experience and i think the senior has more idea than youngster because senior person has seen the world more than the youngster.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.