Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hmm you raise good question its to think again. Yes I did my duty and I have told to do your duty too. Have you posted in your timeline if not then you are also not taking good responsibility.

To raise question on other first think on your answer.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Santosh Kumar Singh wrote:

I have shared this line to my timeline on Facebook if Facebook will read then he will same way you all can share this link in your time line.

That is a good way to start because word of mouth always carries weight...That is the best one can do in one's personal capacity ! You know I have come across a petition earlier and signed it too. But I am sure that the rationalists, liberals and the intellectuals will have something against it and even if the government thinks of doing something, they will oppose it with all their might in the name of personal freedom and freedom of expression !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes its right we can do sharing our link on networking site to aware the people and this is fast time so people do not have time to more involvement on this so people can do as per his time availability .

Santosh Kumar Singh

usha manohar wrote:

I have shared this line to my timeline on Facebook if Facebook will read then he will same way you all can share this link in your time line.

That is a good way to start because word of mouth always carries weight...That is the best one can do in one's personal capacity ! You know I have come across a petition earlier and signed it too. But I am sure that the rationalists, liberals and the intellectuals will have something against it and even if the government thinks of doing something, they will oppose it with all their might in the name of personal freedom and freedom of expression !!!

I too have come across several petitions  on Facebook and have signed the ones I believe in. I feel that FB is a commercial venture, they might have labeled it with any names, at the end of the day, they are out to make money and even if they do implement filters, demand age proofs etc. to deter young kids, smart kids will always find a way around it and open their accounts on FB. So more than a movement to get FB 's attention, I think efforts should be made to make parents aware of the issue and educate them so that they do not allow their kids to join FB before appropriate age. I know a family whose son is just 12 and just yesterday, my  husband saw his profile on FB where the boy had entered his age as 25! The parents are very rich, educated and do not at all take kindly to others' suggestions or advise, so we decided not to say anything!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

the answer should be no because the children below 15 years don't know what is good and bad for themselves 

bhuyali saroj

Actually there are far more dangerous sites than Facebook on the net. Facebook is just a social site and unless one is looking for or going out of the way to get into trouble nothing dangerous can happen there. I , my children and other members of the family have been using facebook for more than 9 years now and I hardly see any negatives except that in the case of children , they may spend too much time there neglecting their studies and other activities..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes misuse will always be there so there should be some age proof document compulsory at the time of registration and existing member.

Yeah age should be a criteria for registration  

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:

I'm of the opinion, Attachment with FB is not advisable. To some extent, I agree with GulshanJi, if there is a separate section for children in FB, it may serve the purpose.But i doubt even if there is a section for children, I think, children cannot express properly. There may be a few exceptions.

it is right that FB have separate section for children but how it will stop children to visit on elders section. 

Yes i think there is no way to restrict them so only its possible if FB create other websites for children . Mixing on same platefrom is not possible.

Santosh Kumar Singh

usha manohar wrote:

Actually there are far more dangerous sites than Facebook on the net. Facebook is just a social site and unless one is looking for or going out of the way to get into trouble nothing dangerous can happen there. I , my children and other members of the family have been using facebook for more than 9 years now and I hardly see any negatives except that in the case of children , they may spend too much time there neglecting their studies and other activities..

Yes there are far more dangerous sites than FB, but the greatest danger that a site FB poses to the kids is the ease of contact with antisocial elements in the guise of friends. We have all read several accounts of older people posing as young boys or girls, making friends with youngsters and then luring them to some spot with false promises, which has even resulted into rape in many instances. Even young boys have suffered sexual molestation from pedophiles and yet there is lack of awareness on parents' part.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.