A recent Study says that the Breads, which most of us take daily in our breakfast contain cancer causing chemicals and are harmful to our health.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/bread-you-eat-everyday-may-contain-cancer-causing-chemicals-says-study/story-CbvbVINuFch2mJbqSX7WbO.html

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Now that data has come out these agents should be stopped from being used.

What do you mean by Breads Roti or a loaf of bread made in Bakeries ? If you mean Breads and Buns, yes, these Breads contain Potassium Bromate and Iodate, which lead to Cancer. Any how, in my case Bread is not used for Breakfast. I prefer Chapatis made from  Gehun. or Idli and Sambar.

I have not come across a cancer attributed to eating Bread. Has anyone?

No. I did not come across such cases. Because I do not eat Bakery made Breads generally. But some times during traveling and when there is no other option,I ear a Bun.

Eating Bread can cause cancer.

The sample testing was done in Delhi which does not  mean that it is the same all over the country, since Baker's have different methods used for fermentation. Today I asked in a bakery here in my place , from where I normally get my bread and he said that they used only yeast and no chemicals.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I did not know that yeast is used in Bread. Because, in my family Bread is used rarely. Ir;s only when my wife gets up late or feels lazy, we buy bread from the store located a few yards away from my home.

rambabu wrote:

What do you mean by Breads Roti or a loaf of bread made in Bakeries ? If you mean Breads and Buns, yes, these Breads contain Potassium Bromate and Iodate, which lead to Cancer. Any how, in my case Bread is not used for Breakfast. I prefer Chapatis made from  Gehun. or Idli and Sambar.

I am not using bread everyday but we are using it. Government wake up much late. It is rule that ingereident of product written on it, that why government did take its notice.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am not using bread everyday but we are using it. Government wake up much late. It is rule that ingereident of product written on it, that why government did take its notice.

Yes. The contents in the packet must be given.

Quality control is and was very lax in our country and has been so for decades. There have been so many scams  with good grains , our politicians have not  left even that alone. At least now things should be set right so that , use of harmful chemicals does not become a way of food production by the manufacturers out to get profit and don't really care how they do it.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Same thing was happened with Maggie noodles, Baba Ramdev has immediately launched his Patanjali Noodles to take the benefit of the situation. Now may we see Patanjali Breads in market soon! 

http://www.comparenshop.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.