The topic is locked.

As per Ayurveda, drinking water while standing is not a good habit, while some experts say that drinking water while standing may cause pain in knee after some time. The correct way is drink water while sitting and drink slowly.

http://www.curejoy.com/content/the-right-way-of-drinking-water-as-per-ayurveda/

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very true. Ayurveda laid out rules for a happy and ailment free life thousands of years ago.. I'm an ardent believer of Ayurveda which is based on the principle of " Prevention is better than cure," All the tips in the article are wonderful and one must strictly adhere to the rules. Many of us drink water  onlywhen we feel thirsty. It's a wrong practice. Human body consists of 50 to 7o percent of water. We should ensure this water level has to be maintained always. Otherwise our body gets dehydrated and leads to several ailments. I fully agree, that one should not drink water while standing.

The stomach is an independent organ which does not change its features whether one is sitting, standing or sleeping. So it is not clear why it should matter whether one drinks water standing or sitting. An answer is not provided.

While we stand and  drink water water flows easily and in great volume. This creates an impact on the lower stomach walls. If the practice is continues, Kidneys will be damaged.

Not right at all. The food pipe internal construction regulates in coming material and pushes it down in spasm mode. One can drink and eat while standing on one's head because of this mechanism. Rambabu wants us to believe that what you put in the mouth falls into the stomach like it would fall in an empty vessel. And what have the poor kidneys done to get damaged. They are outside the stomach not inside !! Why pull fast ones in name of Ayurveda.

I'm not trying to  make believe anyone here. I speak truth, nothing but truth.

http://easeyourlyf.blogspot.in/2012/09/do-not-drink-water-while-standing.html#.V1AOmSE_7do

There is no medical evidence to suggest that drinking water while standing is bad for health ..Ayurveda may have had its reasons but the blogs that are given as links simply state things and not say why it is so ...The worry is that drinking water standing causes GERD according to these articles.But I looked up several articles on GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease ) but failed to find any connection between drinking water either standing or otherwise to this condition ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Drinking water while standing and laying on bed, both are wrong one. It me be crate some serious health problem. When we drink water is wrong way some time we feel pain in chest. It is because that some water reached in our lungs.

anil wrote:

Drinking water while standing and laying on bed, both are wrong one. It me be crate some serious health problem. When we drink water is wrong way some time we feel pain in chest. It is because that some water reached in our lungs.

I agree with you. Yoga and Ayurveda are inter related.Yoga has to be performed in a particular way as prescribed by Patanjali's Yog Shastra.. The same thing applies to Ayurveda. Drinking water while standing or lying down lead to many health hazards.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

I agree with you. Yoga and Ayurveda are inter related.Yoga has to be performed in a particular way as prescribed by Patanjali's Yog Shastra.. The same thing applies to Ayurveda. Drinking water while standing or lying down lead to many health hazards.

We all know about but most of us drinks water cold drink while we are standing.

Why are myths being propagated without proof is not understood. Modern scientific explanations you discard for without proof theories. Please stop irrational support of outdated theories.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.