Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Dr. S.M Pandit was well known for his Realism. This great Artist has carved a niche of his own in the pages of Art History. Besides classical painting, he made Calendar Art too popular in the country.

Great artists happen once in a very long while. Some get their due credit, some just fade away without getting the recognition they deserve. Sometimes I feel, that it is more of a loss to the society than the artists themselves. 

I'm glad to have read this post, and like some other readers, I also was ignorant, my apologies, thanks to you that I now know about this great Artist. I think I've seen pictures of this portrait, though, but as it generally happens, we do not take as much interest as we should in the creative mind behind an amazing creation.

~ anusha

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

No Introduction is needed for Dr. S. M Pundit, the eminent Artist, who carved a niche of his own in the pages of World Art History.

There are many Websites that show Dr. Pundit's Art works. Here is one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._M._Pandit

http://www.indiaart.com/old-masters/S-M-Pandit/Info-of-S-M-Pandit.asp

Anusha Jain wrote:

Great artists happen once in a very long while. Some get their due credit, some just fade away without getting the recognition they deserve. Sometimes I feel, that it is more of a loss to the society than the artists themselves. 

I'm glad to have read this post, and like some other readers, I also was ignorant, my apologies, thanks to you that I now know about this great Artist. I think I've seen pictures of this portrait, though, but as it generally happens, we do not take as much interest as we should in the creative mind behind an amazing creation.

You are welcome Anusha, and it is not your fault really. The fault lies in our Indian society where art, especially visual art such as painting is given the least importance. Being married to an artist., I am very well familiar with tha attitudes of our society where art and artist is concerned. Indian society only knows and adores Ravi Verma as an artist but do not care about other artists who were at par or some even more better than Ravi Verma's calibre. Panditji was one such artist. Others who are adored by Indians are Hussian, Gaitonde, Raza who were least bothered about true purpose and beauty of arts and only dwelled on the uglier, least desirable side. But artists like Panditji and others showed the more aesthetic, positive and better side of Indian art to the world yet remain ignored by Indians. Swami Vivekanand's portrait is the most well known painting known to the world but I was surprised to find here that hardly any one knew it was done by Panditji. That is the level of ignorance and indifference an artist goes through in India.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sorry but never heard the painters name, Now only googling it. But yes i think there are so many others like Dr S M Pandit who have done so much in their own fields but due to some unknown reasons, failed to get the recognition and publicity  they deserve. Thanks for bringing up this post. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

Sorry but never heard the painters name, Now only googling it. But yes i think there are so many others like Dr S M Pandit who have done so much in their own fields but due to some unknown reasons, failed to get the recognition and publicity  they deserve. Thanks for bringing up this post. 

Actually, Panditji's name is very well known in the art scenario. The recent show in Mumbai for which I posted the invitation was a superhit and was packed with viewers to see the paintings on all the days it was showcased in the Jehangir Art Gallery. I think, even people should generally take an active interest in fine arts apart from movies and cinemas. Do go through his bio and works, you will certainly like it a lot.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

PanditjtJee's works are mostly painted in Realism. As far as i know and after seeing many of his works ( On line , of course), he has not used other genres of   Painting like Abstract or Cubism. Which is why, his works became more closer to the People. His form, balance and symmetry are unique.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.