Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In Bengal even vegetarians eat fish because they do not consider it a non vegetarian item. Bengali love their fish which is one of the reasons they suffer lesser from certain diseases.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is the same here in Mangalore. The Gawd Saraswath Brahmins eat fish and seafood on a daily basis like the rest of the population..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In AP, there is a sub sect of Vysya Community, known as Kalinga Vysya. Vysyas are pure Vegetarians. But Kalinga Vysyas are Non Vegetarians. My Youngest daughter who lives in USA married a Kalinga Vysya Boy.

rambabu wrote:

In AP, there is a sub sect of Vysya Community, known as Kalinga Vysya. Vysyas are pure Vegetarians. But Kalinga Vysyas are Non Vegetarians. My Youngest daughter who lives in USA married a Kalinga Vysya Boy.

Cast have not any link with eating habit. Most of citizen of J&K are non vegetarians, what ever may be their cast and religion.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Cast have not any link with eating habit. Most of citizen of J&K are non vegetarians, what ever may be their cast and religion.

May be. But in my state AP, certain communities like Brahmins and Vysyas are very strict about  their eating habits. If a Brahmin eats meat, chicken or even egg, he will be alienated. He will be treated as an out caste.. No body in the community will mix and mingle with them. They will not be invited to any social and religious functions.

I find that strange coming from a state where apparently more than 90% of the people are non vegetarians ...Nowadays many Brahmins have some relative or the other who eats meat and in most educated families this is accepted . My father too comes from a very orthodox Palghat Aiyer family. But with many members living abroad and working in different cities eating non vegetarian food is not frowned upon. However, it is not cooked or eaten at home ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

yeah cast or any religion don't have any link with eating habit. you can take my example also because my half of the family are non-vegetarians and half of us are not. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.