Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Monsoon rains have started in some parts includinmg ours, but that does not mean that vegetables have grown overnight and are ready to be harvested bringing down their prices. I am still paying Rs. 120 for a kilogram of tomatoes and minimum Rs. 25 for 250 grams of any other vegetables!

Really problem is serious in you area. Here in my city tomatoes is available in 20 to 50 Rs. per kg, according to quality and all other seasonal vegetable at 20 to 40 Rs per kg.

In AP, Tomatoes are available at the rate of Rs. 40 per Kg. The price reduction is not due to monsoon, but because of AP Government's severe punishment policies. Those traders who sell the vegetables at a higher cost are put behind the bars.. Vegetable prices are under control in my place Vizag.

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Monsoon rains have started in some parts includinmg ours, but that does not mean that vegetables have grown overnight and are ready to be harvested bringing down their prices. I am still paying Rs. 120 for a kilogram of tomatoes and minimum Rs. 25 for 250 grams of any other vegetables!

Really problem is serious in you area. Here in my city tomatoes is available in 20 to 50 Rs. per kg, according to quality and all other seasonal vegetable at 20 to 40 Rs per kg.

Yes it is a serious problem for us. The reason is because there is a large concentration of IT professionals in my city and their higher capacity for spending means increased prices for everything and hence even the vegetables are highly priced. If I have to buy them at lower prices, I have to go one of the main markets in the city which is quite a long way off and is not possible for me to do that often. So I and others like me have to end up buying for high prices which are very much unreasonable. 

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

IT or no IT prices are uniformly very high every where. Exceptions will be negligible. The art of raising prices has been perfected into a fine art. Prices rise because rains are delayed, it has rained too much, floods are there, severe cold weather, less cold weather, severe heat, unseasonal rains, famines,  hail storms, jat agitation stooping trains, budget taxes and so on. So whole year round there is a reason for prices to go up. The government always wakes up late like the late entry of police in Hindi films. The prescriptions are standard irrespective of party in power. Strict action will be taken against hoarders. Can anyone point out one such action.

vijay wrote:

IT or no IT prices are uniformly very high every where. Exceptions will be negligible. The art of raising prices has been perfected into a fine art. Prices rise because rains are delayed, it has rained too much, floods are there, severe cold weather, less cold weather, severe heat, unseasonal rains, famines,  hail storms, jat agitation stooping trains, budget taxes and so on. So whole year round there is a reason for prices to go up. The government always wakes up late like the late entry of police in Hindi films. The prescriptions are standard irrespective of party in power. Strict action will be taken against hoarders. Can anyone point out one such action.

No, it is a true fact, localities where IT professionals are more in number, prices for almost everything is very steep than in places where these people are not. It is happening in Pune, big time. But yes, on the whole, lack of a fixed price policy no matter how big or small the yield is and all other factors you have named, the most valid reason is unwillingness on government's part to do the things right and on the right time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

AP Government fixed a price, above which, vegetables and eggs and chicken should not be sold. The reason is, there are several village fairs, where all vegetables, chicken and eggs are abundantly available. Another facility in AP is these village products are made available through Fair price outlets. Prices of all these are under control. Otherwise severe action will be taken against the violators.Government of AP is supervising the markets on daily basis.

Co operatives and fair price shops have been set up in almost all states f India and they all buy produce from farmers and sell them at fair price. We see such shops in even small towns so nothing special about them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

These facilities are not available in big cities. Ryot Bazaars or Farmers bazaars are not available here. It's only in select places, these facilities are available. Of course vegetables are available in "reliance Fresh" outlets.. But only a few kinds of vegetables are available. Eggs and Chicken are not available.

vijay wrote:

I am agree with you that government always wake late. Government always took action hoarders were earn what they want.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

In AP, Tomatoes are available at the rate of Rs. 40 per Kg. The price reduction is not due to monsoon, but because of AP Government's severe punishment policies. Those traders who sell the vegetables at a higher cost are put behind the bars.. Vegetable prices are under control in my place Vizag.

Action of AP government is praiseable, government of other states much be follow it. Your government must be add some more item in list with vegetables.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Action of AP government is praiseable, government of other states much be follow it. Your government must be add some more item in list with vegetables.

The Government is adding more varieties of Vegetables. Two days ago, there were no capsicums and Beans. Now they are available in the markets.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.