Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Farmer suicides can be stopped by creating an alternate seeds Research programme.

Robust and reliable Irrigation Policy and Electrification.

Insurance against Crop failure that is supported by the Government, and easy access to funds via Bank accounts to save them  from local money lenders. If these policies are not implemented, there wont be any reduction in Farmer suicides.

In Kolkata I read in the newspaper that onion is Rs. 100 per kg in Delhi. It's almost fifteen days now that I am back to Delhi and I purchase onion at Rs. 60 per kg. Why media is spreading wrong information, God knows! 

shampasaid

Price of Rs 100 is touched on a day and gets reported. Then customers resist and prices start falling. So press is not reporting wrong. But you seem to be alright with a price of Rs 60 per kg !

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In Kolkata I read in the newspaper that onion is Rs. 100 per kg in Delhi. It's almost fifteen days now that I am back to Delhi and I purchase onion at Rs. 60 per kg. Why media is spreading wrong information, God knows! 

Our media takes interest only in sensational news. If something wrong has happened all media persons will run towards it, but if some good is happening no one will take interest to show it in news. Media runs only for TRP, not for goodness of our country.

http://www.comparenshop.in

vijay wrote:

Price of Rs 100 is touched on a day and gets reported. Then customers resist and prices start falling. So press is not reporting wrong. But you seem to be alright with a price of Rs 60 per kg !

60 Rs is not fair price here onion price is 20 Rs. My area have not pre-monsoon rain so price of other vegetables are some high but not more than Rs 50

rambabu wrote:

Farmer suicides can be stopped by creating an alternate seeds Research programme.

Insurance against Crop failure that is supported by the Government, and easy access to funds via Bank accounts to save them  from local money lenders. If these policies are not implemented, there wont be any reduction in Farmer suicides.

Mode of assessment of crop losses is not fair. So at present crop insurance is help ful to farmers. Sikkim is a organic states. There farmers are not using pestisides or modified seeds. They are producing seed in their fields. Farmers of other state must be follow them and adopt zero cost farming.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Mode of assessment of crop losses is not fair. So at present crop insurance is help ful to farmers. Sikkim is a organic states. There farmers are not using pestisides or modified seeds. They are producing seed in their fields. Farmers of other state must be follow them and adopt zero cost farming.

You are right. Zero cost Farming involves very less expenditure for all the crops. In this type of Farming, nothing has to be purchased from outside. Because all things required for the growth of the plant are available around the Root Zone of the Plant. This system was started by Subhash Palekar. Zero cost natural farming is less expensive. In case of crop failure due to absence of Monsoon, the farmer will not lose much financially.

Today tomatoes are Rs 100 per kg, potato Rs 30,  French beans Rs 120, lady finger Rs 100 in my area. vegetable prices also vary from region to region taking into consideration the paying capacity.

@ Vijay

Seeing the prices of vegetables in your region, I was shocked. In my place Vizag, It was only today morning my wife bought Tomatoes for Rs. 30  a Kg  and onions at Rs. 24 a Kg. The same condition may not be there in my neighboring district.

vijay wrote:

No, I am not happy with the price of Rs. 60 per kg but I mentioned it to show the style of reporting.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.