The so-called Yoga Day is being celebrated on Tuesday, and many CBSE schools have forced their children to be there in their respective schools at 7AM in the morning.  One can imagine that the Central Government is keen on Yoga.  But why should it imposed?

If the child has to reach the school at 7AM, will the parents not be so anxious to pack off the children earlier than even 5AM in  a huge city like Chennai?  What will happen if there is some problem to even a single girl child?  

Imposing Yoga is not a great idea.  It should be made optional, and the classes should start only at 8AM, and not 7AM, in the metros, as transportation is a huge problem.  Thousands of buses and vans fight for space in the metros, and the traffic jams are so huge indeed.

The Government should create conditions for anything, including Yoga, to be enjoyed by school children.  Imposing it, will only invite criticism that the Central Government has a political agenda.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

On the contrary the Schools or the board should impose rules where the kids practice yoga on a daily basis. This will not only spread awareness but it will be inculcate a healthy practice among the children along while enjoying its various benefits and learn yoga in a beneficial manner.

Not only Yoga, nothing should be imposed or forced. But, awareness on Yoga or its benefits should be spread be it for Private schools or Government Schools.

This is probably one activity that will help the students reap health benefits in the long run...However, it is for 9th and 10th students that it is part of the curriculum whereas for others it is for twice or thrice a week ..However, traffic congestion is not an excuse because normally traffic increases after 7 or 8 AM, so starting early to school is actually beneficial to both the student and others who travel later , will see a reduced traffic because of this ..

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/compulsory-yoga-for-cbse-students-of-classes-xi-xii-government/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

I agree yoga should not be imposed on children. Instead school can create some extra curricular activity that includes yoga, so that it creates interest in children. Also in this way children will get educated about its benefits.. If someone is really interested will attend the class.

The Yoga Day is being celebrated today in my son's school and in many other schools in Pune, but they are going to do so during regular school hours and are not required to be present early or stay back late.

I personally feel that Yoga is much more better and beneficial than the standard PT exercises being taught compulsorily in the schools. Anything that increases flexibility, concentration and physical as well as mental agility should be welcomed with open minds. Why is there such a loud cry against Yoga being taught in schools?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is the habit of some people, if some one wants to do good for other, they immediately start opposing it. Same thing has happened in this case also, some started relating yoga to religion, some says it is imposed on us. Yoga is not limited to a single person or country, it is for all and thanks to our P.M. that he is spreading awareness about the benefits of Yoga to the world.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

This is the habit of some people, if some one wants to do good for other, they immediately start opposing it. Same thing has happened in this case also, some started relating yoga to religion, some says it is imposed on us. Yoga is not limited to a single person or country, it is for all and thanks to our P.M. that he is spreading awareness about the benefits of Yoga to the world.

That is exactly the reason why many groups are opposing Yoga, because it is being promoted by Narendra Modi! I admit that because of certain shlokas and chanting Om during some Asanas and Pranayama, it is associated with Hindu religion, but not everyone is required to say those shlokas, just doing the asanas for their benefit is good enough.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The impression that Yoga is associated with Slokas and Mantras is totally baseless. Even the Asanas are so simple that a child of 6 years in my neighborhood learnt six type of Asanas within a span of 3 months.

rambabu wrote:

Not only Yoga, nothing should be imposed or forced. But, awareness on Yoga or its benefits should be spread be it for Private schools or Government Schools.

Yes it is optional.Some  people are habitual of opposing all things. For some peoples it is program of political party. Yoga is for better health of all humans. Today I read that Muslims are also supporting Yoga. They said that we can speak Allaha in place of OM. I think noting wrong in it.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes it is optional.Some  people are habitual of opposing all things. For some peoples it is program of political party. Yoga is for better health of all humans. Today I read that Muslims are also supporting Yoga. They said that we can speak Allaha in place of OM. I think noting wrong in it.

Yoga has nothing to do with religion. Modi said,Yoga is not a religious practice, but a science for better mental health. UN Secretary General Ban Ki moon said, Yoga is must for harmony, Country's largest border guarding force BSF will soon send a 1900 personnel-strong contingent to advanced training in Yoga exercises and skills by Ramdev at his facility in Haradwar.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.