One does not really know when a forthcoming called "Kabali" is due for release.  Yet, the simple fact that the hero is a 65 year old Rajnikant, does not water down all the hype and over-the-board expectations.

Why should this happen in Tamil Nadu, in particular?  Why should there be so much of hype and feverish discussions, gossip, debates and what have you, on the possible story, what the hero does and so on?  Already one song is reportedly so popular that every single small child as young as six is mouthing it, almost like a mantra!!!

As a society, we should do away with all this hype and concentrate on solving the more pressing problems.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hype on Movie Stars is not a new thing .' Didn't the fans of Khushboo and and other Stars Idolized and  built temples to them ? A Society member doesn't have the power or Authority to stop one's liking or disliking.

This obsession with cinema stars is nothing new. Currently amongst Bollywood fans, the same kind of farce can be seen with respect to oncoming release of Salman's movie Sultan! Timewasters and money wasters, nothng else!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

These are harmless activities and give joy to the fans. If one is not interested  he/she may not get involved. But why be paternal in attitude. What problems of the country can fans solve. For that there is an elected government. 

Thank you said by: suni51

Liking a movie star is acceptable but following him/her blindly is unacceptable. Some fans treat them as Lord which is stupidity and nothing else.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: suni51, Babu saroj

Fan Clubs and idolizing movie Stars is a very common feature in the Southern part of this Country. In Kerala, to my knowledge, there are no Fan Clubs. In AP it's more but not as much as Tamil Nadu. I don't know the condition in Karnataka. It's a well known fact that most of these fan Clubs are patronized and financed by the Actors them selves.

Tamilians think differently.

Reason may be anything. But Idolizing Movie Stars is more than any other State.

Most of the Tamilians get food at ridiculous low prices. Now Amma has promised sarees, gold and few more items. So no one wants to work. They dream of movies and movie stars. People from Bihar are finding employment in large numbers in Tamil Nadu I am told.  

Hero worship or personality cult is a trend in India. This is visible in all spheres of life-including politics and films. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Hero worship or personality cult is a trend in India. This is visible in all spheres of life-including politics and films. 

Exactly Sir. Earlier Nehru Worshippers. Now Modi worshippers. Tomorrow, it may be some other worshippers. Movie Hero worshipping is not an exception.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.