Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

All religions teach more or less the same thing about being kind and good to others . Hinduism has an added caste difference which is probably what has made Indians so uncaring about others,It does not matter what religion they come from because even Muslims and Christians in India who were originally Hindus, still carry this caste factor with them.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What pleasure do we get by defending our religion by comparing it with others and then drawing desired conclusions and not moving towards sensitising members towards each other. It is time we came out of this complacency.

A Fact is a fact and cannot be hidden..I doubt if anyone wants to defend wrong doings within a religion or more importantly through blind and superstitious beliefs. Caste differences do make people in our country distant and uncaring of other peoples sorrows ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Today there is a news item that the dead body of a martyr jawan from Pampore incident was not allowed to be cremated by upper caste persons in his village at a particular spot, because he was from a lower caste. After administration intervened it was carried out. Can there be a more shameful incident than this. Why should lower community persons defend upper castes? Such uncaring indifference even towards a dead body can happen only in India. No doubt a bleeding Indian on a road or a platform is not attended to by bystanders. They do not know the victim's cast. We should hang our heads in shame.

I too went through that news report and was shocked ..This is nothing but inhuman and blind belief and that has been allowed to grow by the politicians and  religious leaders for decades ..

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I dont see how blaming politicians for everything helps because here I have started a thread about a murder and how insensitive and heartless people are in our country.There were no politicians there but people ..A insensitive and selfish population deserves a selfish and greedy leader, so we get what we deserve !

Actually, it's an Indian trait to pass the buck on someone else's shoulder so it's nothing new that we blame politicians for our own heartless behaviour. Today, I read an article regarding the violence that took place after Mrs. Indira Gandhi's death made me feel that if people want then many things can change for the better. Sharing the link:

http://www.india.com/news/india/silver-lining-to-1984-genocide-bengalis-at-chittaranjan-park-formed-human-chain-to-save-sikhs-from-slaughter-925896/

Violence of 1984 was organized one. It was different from what Usha is talking.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I dont see how blaming politicians for everything helps because here I have started a thread about a murder and how insensitive and heartless people are in our country.There were no politicians there but people ..A insensitive and selfish population deserves a selfish and greedy leader, so we get what we deserve !

Actually, it's an Indian trait to pass the buck on someone else's shoulder so it's nothing new that we blame politicians for our own heartless behaviour. Today, I read an article regarding the violence that took place after Mrs. Indira Gandhi's death made me feel that if people want then many things can change for the better. Sharing the link:

http://www.india.com/news/india/silver-lining-to-1984-genocide-bengalis-at-chittaranjan-park-formed-human-chain-to-save-sikhs-from-slaughter-925896/

I totally agree with that Shampa , people have the power to change the course of things. Here at Manipal too a few Sikh students were about t be butchered by the Congress party goons  in 1984 but some auto drivers and truck drivers intervened and they were saved from death although they were severely beaten and wounded.

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Anil, if you read the entire discussion and the link article ,you will see what she means , that people instead of being mute spectators can instead save lives ..

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@anil It's not about violence or road accident and so on. I posted the link to show how people can become saviour but unfortunately, we fail to become so in most of the cases because we are heartless.

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I totally agree with that Shampa , people have the power to change the course of things. Here at Manipal too a few Sikh students were about t be butchered by the Congress party goons  in 1984 but some auto drivers and truck drivers intervened and they were saved from death although they were severely beaten and wounded.

Reading about such caring incidents give us joy but when time demands the same from us, we fail to respond positively. We are indeed heartless. We even teach our young ones not to get involved in such traumatic stray incidents. That's how we teach our next generation to be selfish and uncaring towards others. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.