Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We are experts in delivering Sermons.  And these sermons are meant for others. In general Indians are hypocrites of nth order. Tell me how many are here who lend their helping hand to others during a crisis.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I dont see how blaming politicians for everything helps because here I have started a thread about a murder and how insensitive and heartless people are in our country.There were no politicians there but people ..A insensitive and selfish population deserves a selfish and greedy leader, so we get what we deserve !

Actually, it's an Indian trait to pass the buck on someone else's shoulder so it's nothing new that we blame politicians for our own heartless behaviour. Today, I read an article regarding the violence that took place after Mrs. Indira Gandhi's death made me feel that if people want then many things can change for the better. Sharing the link:

http://www.india.com/news/india/silver-lining-to-1984-genocide-bengalis-at-chittaranjan-park-formed-human-chain-to-save-sikhs-from-slaughter-925896/

I totally agree with that Shampa , people have the power to change the course of things. Here at Manipal too a few Sikh students were about t be butchered by the Congress party goons  in 1984 but some auto drivers and truck drivers intervened and they were saved from death although they were severely beaten and wounded.

Reading about such caring incidents give us joy but when time demands the same from us, we fail to respond positively. We are indeed heartless. We even teach our young ones not to get involved in such traumatic stray incidents. That's how we teach our next generation to be selfish and uncaring towards others. 

Caring, sharing and more importantly owning up ones mistake are all good behavioral traits that we need to cultivate in our youngsters . I also feel that giving too much importance to self can be detrimental to ones personalty growth. All these traits make a person uncaring of other people's suffering.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

Today there is a news item that the dead body of a martyr jawan from Pampore incident was not allowed to be cremated by upper caste persons in his village at a particular spot, because he was from a lower caste. After administration intervened it was carried out. Can there be a more shameful incident than this. Why should lower community persons defend upper castes? Such uncaring indifference even towards a dead body can happen only in India. No doubt a bleeding Indian on a road or a platform is not attended to by bystanders. They do not know the victim's cast. We should hang our heads in shame.

I experienced a similar case a few years ago. During my morning walk, I had seen a man was lying unconscious in a pool of blood. People gathered around. But no one was bothered to call an Ambulance to take the victim to a hospital. When I started to call an Ambulance, a bystander stopped me. He has offered an unsolicited advise not to involve myself. Because the the Doctor and police will harass the person who lodge the complaint. Of course luckily a cab driver came to the rescue.

This apathy, lack of concern in the citizens is not a new thing.

But the police will only ask for the details as you saw them. There is no harassment and if it is it is rare. I believe some time back it has been officially also stated that police will not detain a helping bystander. So this myth needs to be debunked. 

May be. If that's the condition, By standers will come forward to help the victims in a mishap and do the needful

rambabu wrote:

We are experts in delivering Sermons.  And these sermons are meant for others. In general Indians are hypocrites of nth order. Tell me how many are here who lend their helping hand to others during a crisis.

At least now you are being truthful about yourself..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The state has to  create such that emergency help is available very fast. What can bystanders actually do?

It is highly disappointing that the Chief Minister Jayalalitha has not uttered a single word of condolence nor has she condemned the attitude of the people in her state where the public remained a mute spectator rather than help the poor girl. The  parents feel devastated by the fact that noone came forward to help her 

http://www.ndtv.com/chennai-news/no-one-tried-to-save-my-daughter-says-chennai-infosys-techies-father-1424349

Madam has talked about two recent incidents.  However, we need to examine why such behavior is the order of the day.  It is sheer common sense and a fact of life that the police are so insensitive and literally harass the poor people who help the victim or even take them to the hospital.  The endless trial in such cases will call for the witness to be present each time in the court.

Am told that in the USA, there is a huge protection to all such people who go all out to help the victims of such horrible crimes.  It is said that there is even monetary help for such people, who would turn out to be witnesses.

Perhaps our laws need to be amended and we also need the same kind of protection.  Only then will things change.

Conditions in US are Different from that of India. Those people who come forward to lend their helping hand at the time of need are harassed in India. In addition to this, as you said Police here are insensitive. We all know the fate of Whistle Blowers, whose mission is to Help others and destitute.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.