Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This is a democratic forum and  members have the right to protest and also the right to ignore the protests !!!

@ Shampa, that is very true ! I have seen educated and so called people laugh sarcastically and move on when older people slip and fall in the parks or on street rather than help them. It is only those who  are simple and down to earth that really come out and help ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Lending a helping hand to those in distress is not everybody's cup of tea. Many years ago, I had seen in big cities like Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata, where traffic is very high, Traffic police stopping the traffic to help old and decrepit to cross the road safely. Helping others is a noble quality that comes from the heart.

The police do what they are supposed to do and the traffic police stand there on the road regardless of summer heat or monsoon showers directing traffic and helping out pedestrians doing their duty . It is the citizens who have become self centered and heartless where other people are concerned. On the one hand we speak big about what a great country and great culture we have but sadly it remains in speeches and books only ! Without all these claims I have seen how people quietly help out others in western countries ..it is cultivated in them and they do it automatically.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. Police does what they are supposed to do. But how many police personnel are doing what they are supposed to do ? I have seen in pondicherry, a cop helped me in giving me  directions to a particular destination, but he took me to the Bus stand and asked the Conductor to help me when my destination comes.

The nature and attitude of citizens needs to be changed to one of cooperation and helping fellow citizens. Isolated cases do not speak for the whole population.

Of course. Isolated cases will not give any clear idea about the general behaviour of the people.. If that change in general behavior changes, there is nothing like it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.