Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If there was no need I doubt the government would want to import pulses from another country . In fact importing from African countries is good because most of them are poorer countries and this deal would help them at least in a small way. I am unable to read the article since it is in hindi but I perceive it is the opinion of one person and not a news report !

http://indianexpress.com/article/business/business-others/cabinet-decisions-nod-for-import-of-pulses-from-mozambique-2896241/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

If there was no need I doubt the government would want to import pulses from another country . In fact importing from African countries is good because most of them are poorer countries and this deal would help them at least in a small way. I am unable to read the article since it is in hindi but I perceive it is the opinion of one person and not a news report !

http://indianexpress.com/article/business/business-others/cabinet-decisions-nod-for-import-of-pulses-from-mozambique-2896241/

Sorry, I am reading Hindi news paper so I post this link. Yes it is opinion of a expert.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Sorry, I am reading Hindi news paper so I post this link. Yes it is opinion of a expert.

Devinder Sharma was a former cricket commentator from what I know, also trained as an agriculturist scientist ! I wish the article could be translated !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Government of India took the decision to import pulses from Mozambique, SA, keeping in view the the high prices of Pulses all over India. There was a big gap between demand and supply. This has been well utilized by the Black marketeers..Presently in almost all the states all the  Pulses are sold for exorbitant rates.

The Government believes after the imports of the pulses, all the pulses will be within the reach of Common man.

rambabu wrote:

The Government of India took the decision to import pulses from Mozambique, SA, keeping in view the the high prices of Pulses all over India. There was a big gap between demand and supply. This has been well utilized by the Black marketeers..Presently in almost all the states all the  Pulses are sold for exorbitant rates.

The Government believes after the imports of the pulses, all the pulses will be within the reach of Common man.

Yes government is doing what they can, but import is time being solution letter or sooner country must be increase production of pulses. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes government is doing what they can, but import is time being solution letter or sooner country must be increase production of pulses. 

Of course. Country cannot live on imports for ever. Present situation of importing the pulses, perhaps is a temporary measure to arrest the rapid rise in prices of the pulses.

With the growth in our population and the rapid expansion in housing India will have to depend on imports. nothing wrong in that.

vijay wrote:

With the growth in our population and the rapid expansion in housing India will have to depend on imports. nothing wrong in that.

I agree. There is nothing wrong in importing pulses. But over a period, for the good of the country, India should become self sufficient in every sphere.

It is not economically a wise decision, because that which is cheaper outside should be imported and resources employed to increase production of items which you are producing cheaper. This is basis of international trade.

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

I agree. There is nothing wrong in importing pulses. But over a period, for the good of the country, India should become self sufficient in every sphere.

yes i too think that nothing is wrong in importing pulses from Africa but it is also necessary that we should become self-sufficient on our products foremost. on the other hand we should also think of pulse production in our country.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.