It is almost sure that the culprit, who was arrested in the sensational Swati Murder case in Chennai, is a very young engineering graduate, who is actually yet to complete some papers in his Mechanical engineering degree.  He was virtually unemployed, and doing some odd jobs for a living.

However, all that did not prevent him from establishing some sort of a relationship with Swati, who worked with Infosys.  Little did she realize that this fellow would propose to her.  When he did, she was obviously shocked, for he was no match for her.  She had reportedly remarked about his background and physical appearance.  Apart from whatever has appeared in the press, there is every possibility that this sarcastic remark had angered the culprit, resulting in the cruel murder.

Though the murder was most cruel, it is a fact of life that Ramkumar and others of his ilk are products of a very defective System of Education that does not offer any assistance to such men to acquire skills in spoken and written English, which is vital for gaining the required exposure to the wider world.  The subjects are taught by fresh engineering graduates, who do not have any aptitude for research or for teaching or both.  They always look out for opportunities in the real world of business and jump ship.  This is the sad reality.

People like Ramkumar migrate to cities like Chennai, and are amazed at how others dress differently, speak differently and earn differently.  These are the people from English medium backgrounds, from good families and from very good schools and colleges.  Chennai, for instance, has plenty of them, and this is the reason why IT companies flock to Chennai.

But what about Ramkumar and other poor souls, who are diverted to useless things like one-sided love?  To even think of anything called love, in real life, is a sin for such people.  But they do so, little realizing the pitfalls.  Rarely, this leads to murder like the kind we have seen in Swati's case.

Pent up anger finds expression in violence, and this is a very dangerous trend.  However, what can be done?  How do we ensure that we do not have any more Ramkumars around, giving us maximum trouble, and our girl children, nightmares?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are social and economic inequalities. In such society, nothing better can be expected. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

What we need to do and urgently is  two pronged :Systemic change and legal reforms. Until and unless these important changes are done, Ramkumars continue to exist and atrocities on women  continue.

actually as it becomes a trend for the younger generation that if anyone girl rejects the proposal the only way is left is killing her. Just because a guy cannot take the rejection it results in death of a girl, killing is just a inhuman thing what to say to this type of a guy.

bhuyali saroj

Latest news is Ramkumar, confessed his crime. Ramkumar was sent again to judicial custody.

Good ordination  in youth is first requirement, to stop them from doing such type of evils. One should be have habit of listning and saying no. 

anil wrote:

Good ordination  in youth is first requirement, to stop them from doing such type of evils. One should be have habit of listning and saying no.

for the youth now a day No is most vulgar word for them that they hear in this world. they can hear anything but they can't hear No.  

bhuyali saroj

Youth must be made more responsible for their own actions as well as accountable. It is the empty mind that is the devil's workshop and most youth nowadays are led astray by increasing consumerism, attraction for glamorous lifestyle, Bollywood movies. It is this attraction that makes them think they are heroes of some kind and must have a girlfriend who will come to them submissively when they so much as shake a finger at them. Denial by the girls is taken as an insult to their self-perceived machoism leading to such horrible killings.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

for the youth now a day No is most vulgar word for them that they hear in this world. they can hear anything but they can't hear No.  

It is not good attitude, it is not possible that what some want, they will get. 

Indiscipline, irresponsibility, ' Who cares' attitude are prevalent in today's youth.  I'm not saying all youngsters are undisciplined. I'm of the opinion,  wrong parenting is the main cause for this malady prevalent in youth. A known friend's son was arrested recently for Bike racing on the busy roads causing a death to a commuter. My friend was astonished to receive a call from the Police. I can quote any number of incidents like this. It's a common scene in my place, a boy and girl in the dark unlit spots and Parks chatting amorously. How many of the parents know what their children doing after school or College hours.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.