Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Due to rampant availability of Pirated Books in the market, Author of the book is denied of Royalty. Pirated Books can be identified by doing a bit of close examination. Right now, I'm reading a book 'Only Time will tell' written by Jeffry Archer. The Book contains several printing errors and wrong paragraph division. This book was brought from the Library.. Hence, before buying a Book, user should ensure that it's published by a genuine Publisher.

Fortunately, because I borrowed the Book from the Library, I did not incur the loss. Very rarely I buy Books. If at all I buy a Book in future, I check it if it's published by a genuine Publisher.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I know some better important on reading books. It is not easy for any one to buy all books. My daughter is member of local government library and she bring books for me. History, biography, travel is my favorite topics.

Other than fiction I too love books on history, discovery , and of course travel. I would rather spend on travel and books than on ornaments and stuff. We have a huge collection of books in every room in the house including a few in the bathroom..

You are owner of peerless treasure. You are lucky, but I am not. I brings books from local library.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I know some better important on reading books. It is not easy for any one to buy all books. My daughter is member of local government library and she bring books for me. History, biography, travel is my favorite topics.

Other than fiction I too love books on history, discovery , and of course travel. I would rather spend on travel and books than on ornaments and stuff. We have a huge collection of books in every room in the house including a few in the bathroom..

You are owner of peerless treasure. You are lucky, but I am not. I brings books from local library.

I too borrow books from a circulating library and buy from second hand book stalls since new books are very expensive now.. I have some really old magazines too which I found in the attic in my ancestral house. FilmIndia from the fifties and filmfare from the sixties and a few Illustrated weekly of India. I got them cleaned and got them bound. My children love going through them since the writing style was so different, far more elegant and dignified !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's true that Books have become expensive. That's why I enrolled myself as a member in a local library. Fortunately, the yearly membership is mere Rs. 150. This library is equipped with a rich collection of Books in English, Tamil and Hindi besides Telugu.

With regards to ,a few copies of Fimindia owned and edited by Baburao Patel, well known for his sarcasm and ruthless criticism , Illustrated weekly, that was available for 4  Annas in those days and a few Telugu Magazines like Andhra Jyoti,related to movies and literature are also in my small library. Old copies of Filmindia came from my father's library.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.