Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:

I am listening first time about kokum. Plz post image of kokum.

Anil, here is a picture of kokum that I found, a fresh fruit as well as its dry skin. The died skin is called as Amsul in Maharashtra and used for the sour taste in daily cooking.

Picture 478

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wel, In Andhra Tamarind is used daily dishes especially charu pani, some of the dishes. Everyone love to have the dishes made of it as it is sour to taste especially ladies. As ladies love to have the food which tastes sour. Some women eat Raw tamarind which will be more sour in taste, specially pregnant women. In early days the women who is pregnant used to make people know about her pregnancy by having it. 

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

sarala wrote:

Wel, In Andhra Tamarind is used daily dishes especially charu pani, some of the dishes. Everyone love to have the dishes made of it as it is sour to taste especially ladies. As ladies love to have the food which tastes sour. Some women eat Raw tamarind which will be more sour in taste, specially pregnant women. In early days the women who is pregnant used to make people know about her pregnancy by having it. 

True Sarala. We make a dish called Pulihora, during marriage functions and religious functions. In this preparation, we use Tamarind, Chinta Kaya, as known in Telugu in large amounts. The ripened form of Tamarind is known as Chinta Pandu is a combination of Sweet and savour, which is liked by Children. Of course, as you said, pregnant women like its sour taste.

Even the leaves of it also used in dishes which are very delicious in taste. The dish charu pani is good for the health of children of age 2 to 5 years. Most of the andhra people believe that having the rice mixed with charu pani may have good digestion of food. 

We make another variety of Charu known as Ulava Charu, in which Tamarind is used. Ulavalu is known as Horse gram in English. It has the potential to reduce the Cholesterol in the body.

sarala wrote:

Even the leaves of it also used in dishes which are very delicious in taste. The dish charu pani is good for the health of children of age 2 to 5 years. Most of the andhra people believe that having the rice mixed with charu pani may have good digestion of food. 

How do you make this dish? Do share a recipe!

Wel, kalyani making Charu pani is very simple. Just place a bowl on the stove and fill it. then add tamarind a little bit  hmm let say some lemon size. then add add chili powder, turmeric powder and salt according to taste. Then add curry leaves on it and close it with a lid. Let it boil until you get smell. now make seasoning in voke and add that seasoning in this tamarind boiled water. therefore, charu pani is ready.

sarala wrote:

Wel, kalyani making Charu pani is very simple. Just place a bowl on the stove and fill it. then add tamarind a little bit  hmm let say some lemon size. then add add chili powder, turmeric powder and salt according to taste. Then add curry leaves on it and close it with a lid. Let it boil until you get smell. now make seasoning in voke and add that seasoning in this tamarind boiled water. therefore, charu pani is ready.

Oh, it is very similar to the tamaring saar that we make, but we add jaggery too and coconut milk if available and as per individual preference. Coconut milk is optional, the saar tastes lovely without it too.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
sarala wrote:

Oh, it is very similar to the tamaring saar that we make, but we add jaggery too and coconut milk if available and as per individual preference. Coconut milk is optional, the saar tastes lovely without it too.

We too make something similar except that we add pepper powder and roasted Jeera powder instead of red chilly powder and add crushed garlic while seasoning.. It is very tasty and feels good when you have a runny nose and chest congestion !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Deleted permanently

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.